Chicken gravy ---pressure pan recipe.

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by kishoremommy, Sep 10, 2012.

1. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I need some advice regarding cooking chicken gravy in pressure pan.

When I was in Chennai ,I used to make yummy chicken gravy using pressure pan in 10 minutes.

Procedure:

No marination at all.Just the normal procedure.

I add spices in the hot oil,then curry leaves, chopped onions,ginger-garlic paste,tomato one by one.Then chicken pieces ,chilly powder,coriander powder in the ratio 1:2,then turmeric powder,a spoon of curd,salt and a little water.Simmer for 10 minutes with the weight on the lid.

After that I will open and check the consistency and spiciness.Accordingly,I would add pepper powder and cook for a minute or two.

Yummy gravy would be ready.

This has become an old story.Here in Erode and Coimbatore,the chicken doesn't get cooked within 10 minutes.Then I came to know that Namakkal ,which is popular for eggs ,export eggs and send the hens to slaughter.These chicken are not tender and the taste is also not good.

Now,we have changed the shop.There we are getting good quality chicken.Yesterday ,I used pressure pan to cook the gravy .The chicken gravy was not nice at all.

I prefer pressure pan cooking .Please ,suggest a fool proof recipe with exact cooking time fulfilling these .

1.No coconut.

2.The gravy should be smooth and somewhat runny but not like a kuzhambhu.

3.Soft chicken pieces.

4.No marinating process.No lemon or vinegar

5.Should be a match for rice and chapathi.

6.If no tomato is added ,it would be an added advantage.(Toddler is allergic to tomato)

Waiting for your replies.

2. Nanimom

Nanimom Gold IL'ite

Hi KM.. Why don't you follow the same old procedure with some more cooking time.. Yesterday I did chicken gravy in same manner only.. But I marinated for half an hour.. I just added chicken, onion, tomato, ginger garlic paste, curry masal powder, turmeric salt, chilly powder, curry leaves, salt, water in a pressure cooker.. Then keep it on stove for 3whistles, and simmer for 15min.. My DH needs the chicken must well cooked(in the sense he needs the chicken tit tit pieces with the gravy - nalla vendhu setharanum esp for this gravy.. ) We had this along with poori.. At noon I jus added coconut with this, cooked for 5min to have it with rice.
    I found this method easy, adding water depends on the consistency u need..
    I don't add any tempering to this gravy.. Since onion and tomato also added raw it is completely out of oil..
    (But the finish looks so tempting with the float of oil from the chicken itself)

3. kishoremommy

Thank you very much ,Nani mom.3 whistles with high flame and 15 minutes in low flame.

I will try that.

I asked my neighbour(the one who shared ven pongal recipe) about any quick method.

It is as follows.

Wash the chicken and add required amount of chilly powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder and salt with water in a pressure cooker.Keep in high flame for 5 whistles.

Switch it off.Mean while in a kadai ,add spices,onion,tomato,ginger-garlic paste and saute well.Then add the cooked chicken masala from the cooker.Let it boil till the required consistency is reached.

This for gravy.In this gravy itself,add coconut paste to make chicken kuzhambhu.

I tried this method.Kuzhambhu was great.But,the gravy didn't come properly.

4. kishoremommy

Another query regarding chicken recipe.

In hotels we use to have garlic chicken along with naan.I tried it at home but couldn't get the perfect taste and texture(Smooth).

Please share the recipe.