Chhattisgarh Waterfalls

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by nainaSrawat, Apr 10, 2009.

1. nainaSrawat

nainaSrawat New IL'ite

Do you know Chhattisgarh in India has some of the finest waterfalls comparable to the best in the world? If you haven't heard about them, its true. Chhattisgarh has the perfect blend or 'recipe' for the perfect waterfalls - hills, dense forests and a whole lot of rivers.

Let me introduce you to one of them:Chitrakot Waterfall

This is the largest waterfall in India, just like the Niagara falls. About 38 km to the west of Jagdalpur - a one hour drive on an excellent road - this spectacular fall is formed when the river Indravati abruptly collapses into a 100 feet deep cavern. The mouth of the fall, when in full profusion, is over 1,000 feet wide.

Chitrakot is a horse-shoe shaped waterfall, best seen during and after the monsoon, between July and October. If you want to take photographs, the light is best in the afternoons.

Here's a pic of
    Chitrakot Waterfall - Can you feel and hear the sound? :)

[​IMG]

2. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I recently had the opportunity of visiting the splendid waterfalls. Thanks for uploading the photos. Another wonderful waterfall in the region is the Tiratgarh waterfalls in the kanger valley National Park. They are situated at a distance of 35 Km. from Jagdalpur on the state highway of Jagdalpur to Sukma. The water falls from a height of 300 feet. The best time to visit the waterfalls is from October to February.

3. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for sharing. I will plan a trip soon by december. IS December OK for visit???