Chettinad Hospital kelambakkam. IVF experience any?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sugugiri2010, Jun 22, 2015.

1. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends...

My Friends FIL (who is a doctor)has suggested me with IVF at chettinad hospital kelambakkam. He said Mr& Mrs N pandian and team is doing great work... anyone had treatment there? or any one heard about those doctor . pls share ur experience.
    it will be very helpful.

Small request : those who see this post but dont have any idea just write "bounce up" , so that it can help me to reach other viewers.

2. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

No clue.But per your instruction, "bounce up"

3. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

any help? if ur friend or cousin had taken treatment there, pls u can share that experience as well...

4. sumi2

sumi2 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sugu,

I have undergone my first IVF in chettinad with Dr Radha Pandian. Please note the fact that this was before 2.5 yrs, and Things might have undergone drastic changes and i haven't heard about them ever since my treatment.

Positives:
    1. Both Dr Pandian and Dr Radha pandian were quite attentive to (our) patient concerns and did not rush up with the diagnosis and treatment.
    2. The support staff were the best i have seen till date. Since it was my first IVF and i was quite scarred of the injections and the treatment as a whole. The sisters used make to me feel at ease all the time especially during the Embryo transfer.
    3. Treatment was around 40% cheaper than the other clinics in the City.

Negatives:

1. Their success rate then, for ICSI was low at ~30% (but I was glad that they informed patients about it).
    2. Few of the Junior Doctors who used to perform the procedures were not that cooperative with patients.
    3. Since i stayed in the city, the travel time (around an hour) daily to the hospital for the injections was not very comfortable.
    4. Since it was my first IVF, and when it failed i was quite devastated and had a lot of questions but the junior doctors were not keen on meeting us for the follow up. I insisted on an appointment with the chief doctor but all i could get was an appointment with a junior who was very much inclined to closing up the conversation saying that everything would be taken care of in the next cycle of IVF.

The last one was the major problem for me with this hospital. I can understand that you can not always find a reason for IVF failure, but i know that it is very important for the doctors to help in the patient's psychological recovery.

I have shared my experience here with you. I would also urge you to have a word with few more people who have had treatment here and not to base your decision just on my experience. Lots of Baby dust to you. :) :wave:

5. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

@Sumi2

Grateful to u.... thanks for briefing it clearly...
    Hope i get some more suggestions from others too...so that i can take a better decision.

6. sumi2

sumi2 Senior IL'ite

Sugu, do tell us what you decide to go about with your IVF. Might be useful for fellow ttc ers. :)