1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chetan Bhagat - Young Indian Author

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Abha, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies

Many of you mite have read or heard of Chetan Bhagat, he is a young indian author. His first book was "Five Point Someone", which was about life in IITs and what not to do at IITs... its really a funny book, and from that you cannot make out that its his first book, he has written very well... this book was a best-seller.

he has also written "One night @ call centre" which is about life of call centre employees, from a different perspective altogether.

He has the kind of writing that you can actually relate to it.

you cannot say that his books have great literary value... but they are really good and young and new authors are always welcome.

The author himself is an IIT graduate and did his management degree from IIM and currently working as President of Duetche Bank and placed in Hong Kong.

Cheers !

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abha,

I was fortunate enough to read both of Chetan Bhagat's books. Five Point Someone was tremendous, no doubt. But one night at call centre was even better. I read the book two times in just one go.

That was the only book where the thoughts, feelings and emotions of call centre people are discussed at length.

God granting those people a boon and the protoganist meeting God in the climax scene were so wonderfully described. I loved the audacity of the author to boldly introduce the subject of God and even made Her a character in his story.

Those of you who are reading anything else, please drop them to the floor, run to the shop, get One Night At Call Centre and start reading.

regards,
    sridhar

3. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Introducing such an intellectual thread is beneficial to all persons aspiring for knowledge; Apart from travel, good books are the best exposure,windows to the world outside;And with such voracious readers like our Varalotti, I am sure, all the Indus ladies will become book-lovers in no time! By the way, Varalotti's article on our Cauvery(D.H) was superb! I could not convey this to him on his personal ID as usual, owing to some other pressure. Well, better late than never; If he has not put it on this site, better get it done,and you will be able to grasp his mastery by studying- and trying. Worth it!
    Nuggehalli Pankaja

4. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

hey Varalotti

even i have read both the books, twice or probably thrice...:-D

amazing work. the author was really daring to introduce the sensitive subject of god... and still handled it very well...

i wud say a must read for all the book lovers.

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

6. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Abha,
    I too have read "One night @ call centre" by Chetan Bhagat. I liked it, it is very simple .

Sravanthi