1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

chest congestion 2 month old baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by mvp, May 21, 2010.

1. mvp

mvp New IL'ite

My 2 month old son is suffering from chest congestion & stuffy nose from 1&1/2 month. His doc says that there is no medicine for small babies for this problem. I am using bulb syringe & saline solution to take out nose mucus. Are there any home remedies for chest congestion & stuffy nose?
    Thank you.

2. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hi mvp....
    the only home remedies vch is really useful is, try ajwain....roast it on the tava, or frypan and tie it tight in a cotton cloth (say duppatta) and provide this heat to the child chest...( saik).

the other thing with ajwain is that the mother should eat it and blow into the child's mouth...this is also every useful but i dont recommend it since i believe the germs can pass to the child.

ajwain helps clearing of the mucus formed and gives relief to the child.

3. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hey even this can be tried unless your child is very sensitive....use nilgiri oil on the cushion/ pillow / or the bed sheet where the child's nose may touch.
    the fragrance will help keep the nose unblock and hence the child will have deep and slumber sleep.

take care always...

4. mvp

mvp New IL'ite

thank you kainaath for replying

Thank you

5. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

no issues....these tips are very useful and hve been tried by my elder sister on her kid.
    i hope your baby feels well sooner... takecare always

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  6. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Hi

You can also try heating 1 or tsp of coconut oil and add camphor(equal to one grain of rice, nothing more) and apply on the chest and back....
    Also add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil to the bath tub and around the pillow.
    You can also boil some water and add vicks or eucaly oil and keep in baby's room, these can be added to humidifier as well.

7. mvp

mvp New IL'ite

thank you shrukri for replying

8. sriraji

sriraji New IL'ite

Hi mvp,

Have you tried steam. Try this, this one gives a gud relief from stuffy nose. Run the shower and close the bathroom door so that the bathroom is full of steam and then take your child and let him/her breath the steam for a minute or so. This makes them relief from stuffy nose and later the stuff from the nose liquifies and comes out immidiately which is easy for us to clean and baby will feel so relaxed. I does/still do the same on my 4 month old DD. This really works good.

Last edited: May 24, 2010