Chennai Real estate Info!!!!

Discussion in 'Housing' started by GPriya, Jan 3, 2008.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanthi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.We have finalised(!!!) a 3 bedroom flat in Mithilam.The rate he is quoting is 3200 rs/sqft but has come down to 3120 rs/sqft.It is a 1346 sqft 3 bedroom flat.Do u think itz worth to go for the deal?I saw in the website that they have completed all their projects on time and do not go for much taller buildings.This is something I liked in them.But my chitthi is compelling me to go for a Doshi project.I am totally confused.

I feel that the DABC one will suit for me since

• I do not much inclination towards tall buildings,
    • Lotz of good schools r near Moggappair,
    • Looks like an IT park is also on the way(I worked for IT),
    • Project completion seems to be perfect with DABC.
    Please help.

Thanks,
    Bhuvana.

2. Bullu

Bullu Senior IL'ite

Hi Bhuvana

Please bear with me for giving response to your post. I suggest you to better negotiate for 2900 Rs. This rate was offered to me when i was there in the month of September 2008. I was told still 40 % of the flats are not sold and their delivery is likely December 2009.

That time VGN- Minerva also launched and their rate is 2950 Rs i guess.

No doubt DABC is one of the decent builder. All the best.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Bhuvana,

Bullu is right.

I too feel that you could negotiate at 2900 with anyother benefit thrown in for free (no harm in negotiating, it is a buyer's market), though most builders are saying they are sold, the flats in the range above 30lacs and 35lacs are not getting buyers so fast as last year.

Regarding doshi and dabc, there are certain personal customizations that don't work to your preference well. both are in the same category of builders.

It is upto your choice, and comfort zone as i always say.

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bullu & Shanthi,

Thanks a lot for the info....I will try to negotiate around 2900 Rs/sqft...

Once again thanks for the inputs.

Regards,
    Bhuvana.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bhuvana,

Do come back with the outcome of your negotiations....will be waiting for your feedback.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi bullu,

How is your DD and jaynat. Don't see her here much. have they settled well. so have you brought something. i liked vgn zodiaac..but it was too out of budget for me ....

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  7. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Hi

Reading this interesting thread. We are also looking for a property in Chennai. I have found properties being constructed by Welbuild properties ( they have taken over Alalcrity). They are constructing in velachery & Medavakkam.

Can anyone let me know about the builders and rate per sqft in those areas?

Thanks

8. Bullu

Bullu Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Ta. They are fine and Jaynat taken up job at school and so busy. Just temporarily put up at nungambakkam. ya. i burnt my finger in the PARK (row houses) priyadharshini shelters at Rajkilpakkam and in a mad rush i registered the same as well. any way, no regrets. let us see how it goes.

BTW, in chennai im residing next to Bhaktha Anjaneya temple, nanganallur and i guess ur our neighbour.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Bullu,

Which school. would like to know..do pm me if it not comfortable to post here.

May be we should all meet when veda, and you are both in station..what say..right now not much outings for me...

Why do you feel so about priyadharshini. have seen the plan.it seemed ok. only thing is the 16ft narrow road isn't it..any other particular reason. Or are you feeling that you could have waited and had a better choice..trying to analyse...

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sowmya,

I knew that Alacrity was in a soup. did not know there has been a takeover..I have come across some news about welbuild properties being an group of nri's promoting not sure..if you have news do pass it on...

Just go through the current square feet thread in the same forum..you could go through the builders we have discussed and the rate now cannot be exactly defined...

with too many parameters playing...just check them out and then maybe we can discuss again..what say :coffee