Chennai Real estate Info!!!!

Discussion in 'Housing' started by GPriya, Jan 3, 2008.

1. av0608

av0608 New IL'ite

Hi Geetha Priya,

We are currently in US. we are into house hunting and we(parents) heard about sripriya construction which is good in Virugambakkam area. They are charging around 55L for 2 bedroom apt in Sayee nagar, virugambakkam. Need your feedback on this price. My parents enquired about this construction and was told that he is good and reliable. We are also planning to buy a residential plot in Gokulapuram, Maraimalai nagar and the plot is 1800 sqft for around 12L. is the price reasonable? thanks for your time.

Lakshmi

2. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am not aware of the reputation of SripRiya construction. But the Sayee nagar area i think I have seen recently. There are few more smaller buildings are coming up in that are. As usual all small lanes and by lanes..nothing great. Regarding price, I am not sure how much as you didn't mention the squarefootage of the 2 bedroom flat for 55 lacs.

My opinion about buying land (plot), is not very encouraging, bcos of encroachment. Unless it is a layour developed by any major relator, it won't be fenced/protected and you have to have someone locally to go and check the land often to make sure no one is claiming/occupying etc.,
    The bottom line is in Virugambakkam i guess if its a small time builder, with not great amenities, you can expect to pay around Rs.4200 + per sqft.

Hope my opinion helps.
    Geeth Priya.

3. Padma Ashok

Padma Ashok New IL'ite

Hi Geeth Priya,

Thanks a lot for your reply :) hopefully we can book our apartment soon in chennai.if i need any informations on this,i will surely discuss with you.

Regards,
    Padma Ashok

4. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

CAUTION: SRIPRIYA CONSTRUCTIONS

Hi,

One of my office colleagues booked apartment through Sripriya constructions. She was very happy during construction phase and recommended the same to many - including me(Luckily - I did not book).

When the final handover stage came, it came to light that they have not constructed bsaed on approved plan. My colleagues apartment - which was a 3BHK - duplex one, had approval only for 1 room - kind of - not sure what the exact details are though.

My colleague ran from pillar to post and since she had contacts with influential people - after shedding lot more money - she got approval and could take possession on the flat. So, check well - before deciding.

5. av0608

av0608 New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply Geetha Priya.

Mridhu, it is really shocking to read about sripriya construction. Many of my friends in and around Sai Nagar, Chinmaya Nagar told me that his work is very good. Anyway luckily we didnt have enough funds so we put that project on hold. After reading your post now we are alarmed. Anyway thanks for the info.

Lakshmi

6. ANU VENKAT

ANU VENKAT New IL'ite

Did you buy from Jains in Rajakilpakkam. What rate did u give.

I bought a townhouse (one wall common sharing) from a builder in the same area in June 08. It is under construction and should get over by May 09. I saw Jains building coming up.

7. ANU VENKAT

ANU VENKAT New IL'ite

I found this area Rajakilpakkam (quite new to me eventhough I am also from Chennai - but stuck to T.Nagar) but with the changes in Chennai, found it worth to do a bit of research. This area is close to Tambaram and connectivity to OMR is good. Sure of appreciation. For schook, Kendriya Vidyalaya is there, very close. You can say even walkable.

I invested in another project in Medavakkam Road, villa, and it has doubled in the last 2 years, I have not even taken possession. I see a lot of improvement in these areas as there is hardly any land in the areas like T.nagar, ashok nagar, kk nagar, virugambakkam- vadapalani areas. They are too crowded and crossing the kodambakkam bridge is a nightmare.

8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Hi ILs,

I was just going thru this post and itz quite interesting.I guess u people have done a lotta research about Chennai real estate.

Do u have any idea about DABC builders in Anna Nagar?They have most of their flats in Moggappair.We have been offered a 3 bedroom flat for 50lacs..Is it worth?Please throw some light on this.

Regards,
    Bhuvana.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Anu,

Just curious who is the builder?? and at what rate did you buy...

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bhuvana,

DABC is a nice builder. yes they have all the phases in nolumbur aka mogappair if you want to say that. I remember talking to them for a 2700rs in one their projects.

How much is the area. in which project. I have not seen any three bedrooms in the mithilam. Is it in gokulam, I like the plans of the gokulam.
    What is the rate he is quoting now.