Chennai Real estate Info!!!!

Discussion in 'Housing' started by GPriya, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

leelal,

Your views are true. and chennai is very very attractive to settle in to quote my tenant a military retired.

I was talking about the conditions on omr and the constructions and the hike. and i support suburbs..i am living in a suburb..i had brought my this small flat for a 5lacs almost 8 years back...today i can command around 25-30 lacs for it, this rains i did not have any water stagnation, only the places where there were new flats coming up....the construction activities caused dents which filled with water. we have better drainage.and our water table touchwood was stable the whole year.

I brought my second property in a upcoming suburb...only...

I agree, people say it is only 1 week of rains..and water, anyway we are going to buy for 6months, ok we will have a budget for the year around..this is the attitude...

And with the butterfly ring road and other roads which are all going slow because of shortage of labour and funds...

the rates are not going to go southwards anywhere..they are stabilising and waiting to take a sharp northwards curve, with the hike of cement prices, metal prices and labour.....the government is also thinking of revising the guidelines values..(note the ones displayed are draft guidelines values..)

The newspapers only showcase the prestigious projects. but still buying activities are going on. in my area, one particular low key builder has 8 projects going on..and it is really amazing at the rate he is selling........and he does not mind keeping them unsold for a few months.....

And I assume if the way stalin is being pushed as the next successor of dmk, he has to show the development of singara chennai as a point in his next election canvas...so definitely it will change...

I only am worried about the dumpyard and marsh..and the surrounding areas...

let us keep discussing....again this is my opinion...and i am an chennaite.....for the past 1 year.

2. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

Shanvy,

I have already booked a flat with Jains sudarsana abt 8 months back...at abt 2500 per sq ft, I think..
    I am preparing to move in late this year...so trying to get an idea of the facilities and the changes I would have to make...would appreciate inputs from residents around Rajakilpakkam if possible or folks familiar with it.

3. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Can we imagine how Chennai/India living would be if the following are addressed by the government for approving new Layouts?

1. Main roads should be minimum 100 ft wide
    2. Side/sub lanes should be minimum 60 ft to a max of 100 ft
    3. Always a minimum spacing of 10 ft open frontage for individual houses and 50 ft for independant apartments (without facilities).
    4. Bigger apartment blocks should stick to minimum 100 ft frontage and 30 ft -40ft side open space.
    5. Similar to rain harvesting scheme, there should be rule to have minimum bldg height above Sea Level
    6. During approval time of layouts, ensuring sewage path, water pipe connection, Telephone line layouts are made ready through underground.

If the initial planning itself, govt accomodates such rules and practises, the environment will be very nature friendly, less pollusion and supports ease of traffic.

Metro/town planning is the basis for making any city dearer to the residents.

Let us dream dream to see this atleast in tier II cities ....!!!

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi leelal,

that was a good lead for a beautiful imagination...

but the truth is far from it.......

me being in south chennai, and observing how things go about, for the past one year.....sorry if i am making the picture look bad..but i have been there..and seen it....

1.the roads are being laid...very few areas, provision for storm drain is considered and is being incorporated....the failure of this can be seen in the thillaiganganagar subway, adambakkam subway always has water dripping from the sides, and there are commuters using the side tracks which are actually for them only but the stagnant water, plus public misuse makes the stench (stink is a mild word) for the people...this is an observation from seeing people using this...i shudder to think of trying this out...

2. there is one 100ft road being laid from gst into mount, into madipakkam the famous medavakkam main road..u should be aware of it...now there are lot of people whose shops, establishments are going to be razed...if only the planning was done in a proper way...

3. now coming to the area where i have my second property...one road is touted as a next main road which goes from the medavakkam main road into chromepet....(not the pallavaram-thoraipakkam 200ft..)...it is under pallavaram sro...and a panchayat.....so what does the panchayat leader do...resign..and then after 2 months i just see constructions everywhere in her name....and all violating those rules...and mind you all these got cmda approval...my big question is how...?? don't we need to analyse and visualise what could happen...or the bigger picture...once bitten twice shy..does not apply to our government..otherwise how can the government enjoy.....

4. there is this builder, who gets to occupy a 2ft excess on the main road in almost all his constructions..i used to wonder how is he able to ...since being new in the area..could not go and question anybody..so one day during one of my walks, i saw the name of the counseller, th wards, the areas painted fresh and put in the appropriate areas...and in find bright paint sponsored by the builder....so that answered my question....

if only things are designed the way you say...it would really be nice.....let us hope there is change. heard that cmda is making some changes...and has stopped giving approvals....so let us wait ......

(These are all my own observations..and not necessarily be acceptible to others...)

5. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Minnu,

Jains builder is known for deviation. Make sure to verify every details and check the approval for floor levels and actual floor levels. Jains have done that in few buildings and there is a lot of issue over it..as far as I heard. Insist on getting a completion certificate from CMDA after handing over the property.

Other than that, I have no idea about this area Rajakilpakkam..Sorry..not one of my areas of house search..

Take care and good luck in your new house,
    Geeth Priya.

6. HiteshMom

HiteshMom New IL'ite

Hi Geetha Priya,

You are message helped us a lot. We were looking in OMR and finally dropped that plan, and seroiusly looking for KG's Green Meadows. It will be verey very helpful, if you find some time and just guide, what should we do while booking the flat. We have zero knowledge in this regard. What document should be verified. etc.

Thanks in Advance,
    Vidhya

7. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Hiteshmom,

Glad that I am of some use to someone:crazy

Well, regarding documents to verify at the time of purchase of a flat, you are better off with a new flat as the builder does most of the background work and if you go with reputed builders, its pretty much hazzlefree. But if you plan to buy a used (resale) flat, though the choices are plenty and in your area(location) of interest, you have a lot of checking to do. Aagain, if you avail a bank or lic loan, the financial institution will check every bit og document and finally sanction your loan. If you planning on a resale flat, its always better to hire a lawyer to go thro' all the available documents for your own peace of mind. Let me know what exactly you are looking for and accordingly, I can share my knowledge with you, if it helps. I have experienced buying both new and resale flat and learned a lot in both transaction along with lot of tension while dealing with resale flat purchase.
    As they say, getting a good house is comparabale to getting a good husband(spouse). One should be really very lucky in both cases irrespective of the knowledge,checking and timing.

Good luck in your search,
    Geeth Priya.

8. HiteshMom

HiteshMom New IL'ite

Thanks for your valuable suggestion geetha priya. By the way I am vidhya, living in US.

True as you said, getting good house is really lucky. Bit afraid to go for a new (or)small builder. But with all reputed builder maintanence cost is high. say for their swiming pool, gym , play area etc. I really don't know whether we'll be using it or not.

Since no one there in chennai to help or guide us, really I am feeling the suggestion from you friends are helping us a lot.

9. Padma Ashok

Padma Ashok New IL'ite

Hi Geeth Priya,
    Is your 2 bed room apartment still on sale?we are from chennai but living in US.....can you reply me soon and your info was very usefull to us.Thanks a lot for that.

Regards,
    Padma Ashok

10. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Padma Ashok,

My apt in Chennai was sold already. Sorry...

I can suggest one thing though, I am not sure what is your budget? Depending on the budget, your area of interest and amenities you would be looking for, you can try new construction and there are a lot of them in and around Vadapalani, Saligramam, Virugambakkam, Valasaravakkam, KK Nagar etc.,. Lot of smaller buildings with 10 units or so..are coming up everywhere with much lesser price. But you have to physically stay in Chennai and roam around a lot to check out various projects, cost,availability etc., to make a decision.

Its definitely not an easy job buying a property in Chennai nowadays. You will be more relaxed buying a new one than the resale flats, as you have a ton of checking (documents) todo with regard to the resale flats.

Let me know if you need anymore info that would be helpful in your search.

Good Luck on your search,
    Geeth Priya.