Chennai Real estate Info!!!!

Discussion in 'Housing' started by GPriya, Jan 3, 2008.

1. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hi Shanthi, as always you have been so helpful in this forum too..

I want to know of projects in and around porur/ mugalivakkam and near there.. I heard of XS Real La Celeste.. but it is way too expensive. do you know of any other decent one?

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

arthi,
    la celeste..i thought it was very near to the dlf park until i went to the place.
    the rate has escalated from 2008 when the project was first announced.

I came across an ad sometime back when i was going to ramapuram from homefinders estate..about a new project, a decent builder and i like the one at the entrance of ramapuram though the adjacent places are not so appealing.

Check out rajeswari foundations, they were doing a good job until recently i hear the quality has detiorated.

Mugalivakkam has many projects coming up. small profile builders..

another place that is happening is madananthapuram..and there are lot of builders concentrating on that area.. jkbconstructions..lots of projects in the area..he was quoting 3200 you could negotiate at 2900/3000..

sriven builders.. this person's buildings were quite common around manapakkam.

do check them out. do tell me your rough budget so that we can scout for more..

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey Shanthi, thanks for pitching in..

this aftnoon I managed to get the price list of La Celeste.. it is abt 70L+.. which is not anywhere near my budget.

my budget is max 40L. I am looking at porur area (near rest of the family) or towards OMR (our workplace).. after some research all day, I selected few to check out..

I liked the Marg Savithanjali project the most. not sure if the price is competetive but that is something we can somehow afford.. but I dont know if they will deliver on time and also the exact distance from the sholzinganallur junction is abt 17 kms! that seems too far but with the given 6 lane + less traffic there, wont that be just a 15 - 17 min drive? am I being too optimistic? is it worth the price?

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

arthi,

sorry for the late reply, savithanjali looks really promising but i am worried about the distance..even with the flyover that is proposed near the kelambakkam junction it would be congested and the time travel..it would take some time for development in the areas though there are lots of projects and omr/ecr are being extended to another few kms.

visit the site and make your views and go by your gut instinct.

5. rjnarendeepak

rjnarendeepak New IL'ite

Hi shanthi mam,

i am a silent reader of this IL. I want to book a plot in kundrathur 10 mins from bus stand, its 24 ft road.nearly 1 km from stand. quoting 2400 p/sq ft. yet to negotiate. clear title. cmda approved. am buying half ground with my brother for future investment(max 10 to 15 years). shall i go for this? its A.R NAGAR towards murugan temple.1km from bus stand.

6. gaivij

gaivij Bronze IL'ite

Hi ILs

I am planning to buy a flat in Chennai. I currently live in US, but not sure how long. So i want to buy some flat which can fetch a reasonable rent till I come back to India. Can any one share about latest projects in Chennai in a decent price, since mine is purely investment purpose.

Thanks
    Gaivij

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  7. DinkyManoj

DinkyManoj Silver IL'ite

Dear gaivij,

There is flat which is going to be constructed in perungudi. It's a very nice locality and there are lots of IT companies in that area. Name of the project is falling waters. If your interested in the proper Ty or any specific location required pls send me a private message with details. Pls do tell me your budget. :)
    :cheers
    Regards
    Dinky

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  8. gaivij

gaivij Bronze IL'ite

sSorry for the late reply. I wouldn't be able to check daily. thank you for the info Dinky. I am not specifically looking for a particular location in chennai. looking for a worthy and rent-earning property. If the cost that i will be spending could earn reasonable rent, I am okay between 50 to 80L. one of my friends bought a flat somewhere nearby mahindra city for around 25L only. donno the details.
    Please pour in any suggestions.

Thank you

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013