1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Music season -2009

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by vaidehi, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yesterday morning, the flute concert was also good.

Sowmya's nandanar charitam, is a repeat. though the new thing is her introducing the upcoming artist.

Bharat sundar, used to learn music from my DD's first guru, my neighbour.

oh, the boy showed lot of promise 10 years back. infact, i used to wait for him to come to the class and i would start cooking in the kitchen. time flies, to watch him as a young man,he also conducts some programmes in one of the channels.

today morning sashikiran and co also gave a beautiful rendition.

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Soldier, Padma and Shan

thanks for the info. I must have missed when Soumya introduced them. Although all of them sang well, I particularly enjoyed hearing Bharat Sundar.
    We didn't get to hear Sakethraman, brother of Visakha Hari.

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

shan, Soldier or Padma,

Please post the names of the artists in today's concert. I know that the lady on the right is Gayatri, but did not get the names of the others including the announcer. The lady who sang Bhavayami Gopalabalam rendered it superbly.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  4. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

The lady at the Centre was Vijayalakshmi Subramanian and to her left was Lakshmi rangarajan. I was not able to see the full concert as I went out.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

usha,

I could not watch the whole. but the announcer Gowri Ramanaryanan.
    vocalists were gayathri venkataragavan, lakshmi rangarajan and vijayalakshmi subramanian.

This morning Gayathri Girish concert was ok. i felt her voice was beter before. she was not able to deliver swagatham krishna well..maybe health or overload.

The chennaiyil thiruvaiyaru i think will start on a later date.

you can also watch the papanasam sivan sabha concerts in the morning from 6.00 in jaya news.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

well did not post as soon as i heard them.

abhishek raghuram is very promising and has come a long way.

What do i say about carnatica brothers-shashikiran and ganesh. my dh's cousin, the one who was playing the tambura, says her guru is god. The sync between the brothers is so good. and also the way they handled the songs..:thumbsup--

This morning, sankari krishnan was too good.

I heard she is a good teacher too. with a mphil in music and having been a lecturer in mother teresa university and now a member of some academy.

Not all singers are good teachers, and not all teachers are good singers, but she is exception and her voice and the clear diction definitely made me say :thumbsup:thumbsup