1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Music season -2009

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by vaidehi, Dec 15, 2009.

1. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Vaidehi

I have subscribed to channellive tv also after reading your suggestion. i will try today @ 7 EST.

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Todays Concert by Vijay Shiva was tooo nice.... esp his explanation on Guru made me speechless.... i was so impressed that i did a google search since this was the first time i am listening or even hearing about him.... here it isArtists Profiles : N.Vijay Siva

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Malladi brothers gave a beautiful concert that was pure carnatic without any mixes.

PRiya sisters theme of hari and haranum was too good. they are becoming better and better.

vaidehi,

vijayshiva is in the circuit for the last 15years. and a very learned person.

this concert was too good.

His diksitar krithi srishukrabhagavantham in paras was also beautiful even more after the explanation given by him.

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Vaidehi

I was able to view Vijaysiva's concert today. I heard and recorded it on mp3 upto the Purandaradas kriti Guruvina. Right then, my neighbor dropped in with xmas treats and I missed the rest.

We have been blessed to host Vijay Siva, Manoj Siva and Gayatri (Of Ranjani and Gayatri duo) for three days a few years ago when they came for a concert in our town. His explanation about guru and acharya was splendid.

5. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Usha Maam,

Wow ..... That must have been great.... please tell us more about vijaysiva, somehow i got mesmerized towards his intelligent way of explaining things. He just put the word "Guru" in a very Simple way which was reachable to common man.

Can we record it on Mp3 .....how ignorant i am... :hide:Which software helps us do that?
    vaidehi

6. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Shanti,

yeah this year all the concerts so far has been Superb, I loved that everyone had given such beautiful description & meaning for Guru in their own words. I loved Malladi Brothers .....saying Guru was the most used word by them:bowdown.

Vijaysiva looked so.... i mean he looks so Calm & composed and the way he explianed about Swami Vivekanand gave me Goose bumps. i missed half of the concert of priya sisters.... so couldn't enjoy it fully.

Looking fwd to all the concerts. Hats off to jaya tv...!

vaidehi

7. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

8. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

9. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

:bowdownThanks Meenakshi for the link for Priya sisters' concert. It is ecstatic to listen to the songs, Malaimeedu vazhum and Govindashrita.

10. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the late entry into the thread! This forum is alone banned at my workplace, and hence could only reply today.

Now, Sundarusha - Yes, I watched Margazhi Raagam this year at Satyam Cinemas on the 12th. It was so beautiful.Bombay Jayshree is like a still lake and TM Krishna was like a dashing waterfall, the confluence of the both of them was melody. Also, to mention are the effects of PC Sreeram(on camera) and Late Sridhar( Audio Engineer). Voilin by Arun Prakash was amazing. I am a extreme lover of interactive music, and TM Krishna with his occasional nods and "ah's" to the the musicians was a treat to watch.
    The collector's edition of the DVD is available for INR 1250.

I attended the Margazhi Mahautsavam concerts conducted by Jaya TV at Image Auditorium - for Aruna Sairam and UnniKrishnan along with my mom and grand mom. My grandma, being a ardent fan of Aruna almost started singing along:). I am no music student to talk about the raagas, pallavis, but I sure am a ardent rasika!

Also, In Chennaiyil Thiruvayaru - happening now, I attended Nithyashree Mahadevan and SHobana's dance performance yesterday! Both were top class. When I say beautiful to these women, it is only on their kataksham of Saraswathi! Shobana certainly is becoming one of the most charismatic women I have ever seen.

Today, my mom is attending a concert of Vyjyanthimala Bali! Will tell more on it soon, after I listen from her.

I plan to attend one of Sudha Raghunathan's, Priya Sisters and one of Vishakha Hari within the season, and possibly one Padma Subramanaian too!

Trivia : Vijay Siva's father and my paati were music classmates, so always malarum ninaivugal for her :).
    Cheers

Arch

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009