1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Music season -2009

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by vaidehi, Dec 15, 2009.

1. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Usha Maam,

i took this package nearly 7 months back, that time i got jayatv+jaya max+podhigai and isai aruvi for 5 $ + taxes which comes around to 11 $ .....i guess the prices have been revised now....., I guess they are giving jayatv for 4.99 now.Maybe due to many people opting for it.

i happened to see the revised package after u mentioned it here to me.... really sorry about that:bonk.
    vaidehi.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kicking off my appreciation of the concerts that i just listened.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CWelcome%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Jaya TV -
    Inaugural Concert- Nadaswara Thavilisai by Vaduvur SNR Krishnamurthy & Haridwaramangalam A K Palanivel & party
    this evening it is malladi brothers.

Vijay TV- Sangeetha Sangamam
    Concert – Sikkil Gurucharan – he has come a long way. Good voice and clear diction. only two songs..

Sree Venkata Girisam – Suruti- Muthuswami Dik****ar.
    Garud Gamana Garuda Gajadwaja – hindolam- Annamacharyar.

3. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

shanthi,
    i have also seen jaya tv..first song enna theriyuma dear

Vijay TV- Sangeetha Sangamam in what time they telecast it..

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

GS,

It was a vinayagar krithi. now i did not note it.

vijay tv-7.00 to 7.30 in the morning and evening i thnk it is 5.30?? will check and tell you.

5. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Yday couldn't see any of the programmes here, since didn't have any clue of the timings. There is very little info on the net about the timings and again the zone times also differs. But today managed to see Maladi brothers concert ..... it was very nice, i always like them ..... for their discipline and the down to earth attitude the potray on stage. But again i m a "Katthukutti"(newbie) here:).

In all enjoyed them to the core....

P.S Jaya tv telecasts the concert recording in US at 6 PM Eastern time daily.

vaidehi

6. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Vaideihi,

Here's the detailed Jaya TV schedule Link

-Uma

7. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Vaidehi

I could not view any concerts today at the time mentioned. Is it only on certain days?

8. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Vaidehi,

You are right.. They are very down to earth.

Jaya TV is requesting artists to present various themes.
    I was able to hear to Malladi brothers - All their renditions of trinitis and the importance of their theme gave me goosebumps all over.

What a clarity and diction they had and anwers to all the questions from public were gems.

For those who missed it..

I couldn't get the name of the songs ( will try to get from archives)..
    Raagam

1. atana - thiyagaiyar's kruthi
    2. amruthavarshi - muthuswami dik****ar
    3. MM Gowla - syama sastri
    4. Last one was ananda bhiravi..

There was question asked to them:

" Which word do you use most of the times?"

They said "Guru"..

It is very nice to see that singers do realize that classical music cannot be made commercial..

Malladi brothers knew so much in depth about each composer. I'm sure they will come a long way..

will continue...

I know my posts are late by two days as we hear them a little later than you lucky folks in the east..

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  9. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Usha Mam,

It is relayed everyday at 7 PM Eastern time(NJ) . Which site are u looking at ? As said earlier i watch them on Channellive.tv !Sorry for the late reply.

vaidehi

10. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Uma for the link !

vaidehi