Chennai IL'ites....Introduce yourselves here

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Induslady, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai all of you Chennaiites,
    A warm welcome to all of you. I am just so happy to see many people joining. I am glad about the strength growing. Do be active whenever you get time.

2. lakshmi ramamoorthy

lakshmi ramamoorthy New IL'ite

reply to welcome

hi varloo,
    how do i address you? thanks for the welcome. i am glad to to be a member of this organisation.
    lakshmi ramamoorthy.:thumbsup

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Proud to be a Chennaite

Enna Illai indha Chennaila? Comes to my mind when people talk of all sorts of malls and theaters etc. etc. U have a lots of temples a big beautiful stretch of beach, all sorts of beach resorts keep telling the list goes on and on. Born and bought up in Chennai I can say that my native place is Chennai. Got time to join indusladies only today after reading about it in HINDU on saturday

With 2 kids around, I manage to run around in and outside the house for errands for the family and for HUBBY dear who is in the Marketing line:-D .

Daughter the eldest is a very very brilliant child and want more ideas from everyone to improve her ability. She is very good in maths and has a good analytical skill, with her photogenic memory and high memory power she amazes all around her. Right from her Pre-KG as a mother I have never seen her sit and read at home except doing her home works but she always stands first in her class of 50 students:clap .

Her future is her choice but will be happy if i get guidelines from friends how to gear her up. She has a good voice and she sings well too and is the fastest learner in her music class. Am I boasting much? Yes I am so proud of my daughter.

Have a son 1 and 1/2 years old. With him around I want to work from home and help my hubby financially. Can some one help me in this too. I am a post graduate in Human Resources.

RajmiArun

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

hi

l live in chennai. iwas born in salem and did my schooling as well as college in coimbatore.it was lovely place then.after marriage moved to places like Raichur.Wankbori,i know the name sounds very unfimilar it is between Baroda andAhmedabad,then to veravel close to Somnath,then on to bangalore and pune and bombay. it looks years,no all this in a span of 5 years. finally I moved to chennai.my husband is now an engineering manager in Abudhabi for the past 2 years now. i keep shuttling between chennai and abudhabi. my son and daughter are with me in chennai.we all enjoy good food and have a flair for music. my daughter sings very well.my husband is real source of strength to me. he is very even tempered. he practises yoga regularly so do we.he has been practising maharishi mahesh yogi,s since his childhood.i have not come across anyone of my child hood friends.wondering whether anyone in this group had studied in coimbatore. please let me know.

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai lakshmi Ramamoorthy,
    call me Varloo, that will be easier for all of you, there are so many Lakshmis here. My name is Varalekshmy. I identify my friends at IL when they call me Varloo.
    And, Kanaka, one of my friends is from Kovai. She was born and brought up there and lives here after her marriage in 1991. So do pm me with your school details and I shall ask her. Her name is Chithra.

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Pushpavalli Srinivasan

I am Happy to join Indus ladies forum. I have one daughter and two sons, all married and well settled in life. I have five grandsons and one adopted granddaughter.
    My hobbies are listening to Karnatic music, reading books, gardening and watching TV programmes which are informative and of course one are two serials. On and off I write tidbits and articles which were published in Mangaiyar Malar. I lived for 34 years in a city at Jharkand state and am residing at Chennai for the last 10 years.

7. himsini

himsini New IL'ite

helloooo

Hi everybody..
    I was just looking for this.. wow.. good to know finally that theres a site exclusively for ladies.. Thanks to Hindu..
    Well, Im Meera, 30 year old.. living in chennai..for the past one year.
    I am new to this place and have literally no friends here..
    Im married for 5 years now and i have a son whos just turned 4.
    I hope i would get to know people out here..
    Have fun
    Meera

8. smitag

smitag New IL'ite

New in Chennai

Hi,
    My name is Smita and I am living here in Chennai for the past 1 year.Have no friends and hope to make some good ones here.Am 32 years old with 2 kids.

9. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

I am a chennaiite too

hello ladies

I am a chennaiite too. But I presently live in US. I will be coming back to my home town in april 2007 for good. That feels very good. Chennai will always be my home. Love to meet each and every one of you in person when I come there, but for now online...bye.

10. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

welcome to IL

Dear Jothi, smitha, meera and others,
    welcome to IL. Sorry for not writing to you before. I was busy elsewhere. Ok . Where are you all staying now.? I am at Pallavaram and if anyone is near me please send me a PM ok ( Personal message) .
    Enjoy.....
    Latha :wave