Chennai IL'ites....Introduce yourselves here

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Induslady, Apr 11, 2005.

1. sowjvin

sowjvin New IL'ite

Hi all, I am Sowjanya living in Adyar with hubby and cute son of 3, looks like most of the chennai ladies gotto know abt this site thro Hindu.....just like me

2. varsha rohitkumar

varsha rohitkumar New IL'ite

I stay in chennai. I make home-made chocolates.

I have a small family with little time to spare for a home business. So i thought, why not make a good use of time by starting a small business working from home. I make different varieties of home-made chocolates and looking for oppurtunities where i can expand this business. Looking for your valued suggestion from this forum?

3. safoorabi

safoorabi New IL'ite

Hello Indus LADIES !

Hello Indus Ladies ! I am from Chennai and had completed my Masters in Political Science from Madras University.

Now I am a housewife and a grandmother.

Like many of us new members, I, too, became interested in this website after reading an article in THE HINDU.

Being a housewife is not the end-goal for women. It is one of the important goals. With it come its immense responsibilities which have to be carried out, as diligently as possible. But sometimes, this gets us down and we feel soooo frustrated ! These frustrated feelings tell us, in their own way, that we need to do something more than what we have been doing all along, as housewives. We are are busy bringing up our children and looking after the other half. But, when the children grow up, marry and depart to start their own new family, we are both, happy and sad. Happy because they are married and are living happily; and sad because we miss our children very much. No matter how old they are and even though they are mothers themselves; to us, they are still children and will always be children. By children, what I mean is that we still love them just as much as when they were children. I do not mean that they are not mature and intelligent adults ! They know more about today's world than we do, in most cases, anyway.

Now that the pressures of bringing up the family has eased ( yet we have all the time for our grandchildren, from the day they are born. We re-live the times when our children were young and our love expands, effortlessly, to encompasses the little children of our children ! ), we now have time on our hands and we wish to do something just to keep us busy and useful, not only to ourselves, but also to others.

There are many, many interesting things going on here, in this third rock from the sun ! And to live in a well, is just a waste of all that has been bestowed upon by the One above.

I have a computer at home with broadband internet connection. This is our door to the wide open world, which was not there when we were students. Now, with this computer and internet connectivity, i would like to start some work like data entry assignments, acting as selling and buying agents for Indian dresses in and out of India ! This should keep us ladies here and elsewhere, busy and also make some money, at the same time.

Enterprising ladies can contact me by sending me a private message about their similar interests.

I thank this website to give me and other ladies, worldwide, an opportunity to make lives better for ourselves and for others.

Keep up the good work ! Hip hip ! Hooray !!! :clap

4. sharonkavi

sharonkavi New IL'ite

Hi, Everyone. I am glad that i have joined the group. I am from chennai. I am interested in reading books and gardening. It is really amazing to see people offering their suggestion to the problems of other members. I feel i finally belong somewhere.

5. gayatri S

gayatri S New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am gayatri here.I am a housewife from mogappair chennai.Got 2 kids,a daughter and a son.I am a volunteer with an NGO.basically a house wife.Looking out to work from home.
    I am glad i joined this group.Hope to meet different kind of people ,may be like minded ones too.

6. Hamsa

Hamsa New IL'ite

6 months old chennaite.

Hi everybody,

I am hamsa. iam basically from periyakulam( madurai dt). ater marriage , i spent almost 10 years in mumbai. i just shifted to chennai. just 6 months ago.
    i stay in thiruvanmiur with my hubby and 6'old daughter. i got to know about this site through hindu paper. i am very happy that i joined this community.
    i worked as a programmer for some time, and also a teacher for about 2 yerars.
    i would like to do everthing that comes through my way. ia m so frustrated, i want to achieve something but having confusion in mind.:confused:

Please take care of this 6 months old chennaite. send me private mesage if you come across some oppourtunity.
    Hoping to get more friends through this community.

:wave
    hamsa

7. hemaraajkumar

hemaraajkumar New IL'ite

Hi

I have just registered today,hi to all

8. Vipra

Vipra New IL'ite

making friends

I had read about this site in the newspapre and felt that this is the place to find friends who would be there for us......sharing , caring and building bonds.

seniors please guide us and get the things moving .:clap

vipra

9. JayaBharathi

JayaBharathi New IL'ite

Jb here !

hi friends...
    Read abt this website in last week Hindu supplement !! Just thought of skimming the site and then finally registered :)

Btw..am Jaya Bharathi shortly called as JB !!!

Would like to introduce myself here and know more abt the ladies hanging out here !!!

Luv Jb

10. sangeeta

sangeeta New IL'ite

Hello ladies!

am basically a keralite ,born n brought up in delhi,n now staying with my sis here in adyar since 3 months(only). am thrilled to see so many of u frm this part of town!
    hope to find u all soon..
    regards,sangeeta:)