Chennai Guy Need Help with Housing.

Discussion in 'Housing in Abu Dhabi' started by chennaiguy, Apr 11, 2009.

1. mdmini

mdmini Senior IL'ite

you have a whole lot of questions but i understand your concern... let me try and answer them:
    1. it is perfectly safe to live with villa's with family as long as you have the contract and the tenancy agreement which the villla owner will give you at the time of signing the contract.
    2. to my knowledge, there are no availbale 2BR, but i think i know a family in mushrif, they have been loooking for a house to relocate from mushrif, will update you if they are leaving.
    3. i hear sherwood is a good school but then again the CBSE schools in abu dhbai are in general, not excellent. (no offence meant for anyone), the teaching skills and the school atmosphere..not very sure. But i like the CBSE syllabus frankly speaking, it's just the school atmosphere i can't relate to here in auh.
    4. mushrif is a nice locality, in our locality we have mostly indians.. but keralites, delhi, andhra and so on. it's better to be around with good ppl, whether tamilians or not.. wat say? :thumbsup
    5. i got my accomodation from ..?? i forgot but he was tamil! :) when you complete 50 posts, i can give you his contact number. something "silver lake" their name, i got it from Gulf news. i dont' know.

i hope i put in my views to all your questions, but everyone here has this problem of housing and schooling. dont' worry..everything will settle down sooner or later.

..have a wonderful stay in abu dhabi and i hope i settle down soon...

..good luck...

2. chennaiguy

chennaiguy New IL'ite

Thanks for your valuable input.
    I have also contacted Silver Lake earlier and they asked to have a site visit.

I refused my company housing as my neighbors are all Filipino professionals, no problem, but I prefer my son should have neighboring Indian friends in order to learn state languages, play & mingle with all communities. He is already inquiring me, "will I have friends in abu dhabi daddy". I said there are many:)

I also read forums about schooling and you are right.

I am looking for a new villa or flat.
    I dont like to pay the KEY Money as I cannot reimburse from my company.

Is there a possibility to get admission in Cambridge High School during mid of June? I heard normally mid of the year there might be few seats available..!!!

It was a pleasure to receive all your advices & thanks to IL.

3. careerlife

careerlife Senior IL'ite

hi chennai guy

i know this is a very old thread, but was wondering if u managed to find a good place to stay in muroor...we r also in the same dilemma as we are also looking for houses in muroor or mushrif