Chennai Guy Need Help with Housing.

Discussion in 'Housing in Abu Dhabi' started by chennaiguy, Apr 11, 2009.

1. chennaiguy

chennaiguy New IL'ite

Dear IL,

I am a new member in this forum and seriously need help in finding a villa in Al-Mushrif. We are tamil speaking and I am moving from Saudi arabia with my wife and 2 kids. Normally, we use to live with indian communities in our building and I feel its quite hard to find such locality in Al-Mushrif area.
    I prefer Al-Mushrif, as my office is located there.

Is this safer to live in villa's with family?

Is there any available vacancies in your villa's. (I am looking for 2BR)

My son should go to school to KG2, I prefer Al-Taawan School (Sherwood Academy) in Mushrif? Is this a good school?

I like to be around with Tamil families in this area, is there a possibility?
    Can you recommend me few good Real Estate office?
    Could you please ask your better half for a good real estate agent.

I have been to Al-Mushrif many times alone, this time for permanent move with family.

Once the housing issue gets solved, i may need your help about schooling.
    These days i have less time to concentrate on my work. Spent more hours with browsing internet searching for house.

I have lot of questions in my mind, which will gradually reduce one by one.

My only intention is that my family should have a nice living in Abu dhabi.

Appreciate your early response.

Thanks.

2. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Hi

vanakkam and welcome to abudhabi.

Mushrif is a quiet residential area and mostly you find villas there than apartments. Good place to live, IF you get a villa..

I like to be around with Tamil families in this area, is there a possibility?
    Dominated by the locals and very limited indian families. Dont worry about the safety aspect.If you are a socailly active person you should try some place closer to the city. AS for your office and son's school, transportation facilities are available.

Can you recommend me few good Real Estate office?

Housing has been discussed in various threads in this forum. You can go thru threads 'Areas to look for housing, Relocating to Auh ' etc...The best way to find an aptment/villa i feel is to contact the real estate agent specially since you are particualr about the area..We got our apartment thru KN properties.. for other real estate agents contacts go thru The Gulf News, classifieds section.

By the way, we too shifted here 2 years back from jubail.. where are you? All the best and i hope you get settled soon.

3. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hello
    as per your request i do not know abt any 2br in mushrif area as this area hardly you find apartments ,but yes i know a studio flat with a seperate wash room and kitchen , in the villa there are tamil families as well as malayali families , its a good villa for children as lot of kids are there the rent will be around 4500 aed per month including of water electricity . let me know fast if you are intrested
    regards

rupashruti

4. chennaiguy

chennaiguy New IL'ite

Thanks Arabudupi and Rupashruti.

After considering, I think Mushrif is nice to live considering play area and parking. Sometimes, being in a place very calm is also not good for families, security reason.

So, now I decided to search in Muroor area. I searched net and got some reply from Real estate. They requested me to have a site visit. 2 BR cost around 180 K!!!! in Muroor.

What is the ongoing rate for a 2 BR in Muroor?
    Please advice some more reliable GOOD Real Estate Agent.

Hi Arabudupi, I also from Jubail. Jobsite at Industrial City. Residing behind Kudu. What about you?

5. chennaiguy

chennaiguy New IL'ite

Hi Rupashruti,
    Thank you very much for your information.

Could you please give me a info about a vacancy in Muroor. New Building well maintained, price 130 K to 140 K.
    I think its a good area as you can approach both side of the city and near to Indian School. We have been in flats with most Indian communities here in Saudi and wish to live like the same. But I know Abu dhabi has a good social life and friendly people.

Thanks.

6. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Hey.. We were near Hardees and later on shifted to Al Shaiki Apts..Hubby was with Sadaf. Hope you arent someone we know!! :)

Accommodation is expensive in abudhabi. Dont compare with saudi at all. But here we dont have a choice. Muroor is good too so is airport road where i live. One advanage i find about this place is that parking isnt such a problem as in the main city..

7. chennaiguy

chennaiguy New IL'ite

Thanks Arabudupi,

Nice to hear from you. We also stayed in Al-Shaiki apts in 4th floor until Oct 2007 and later moved behind Kudu. Hope you are someone whom we know:) I even go to Al-Shaiki sometimes to see my old friends.

My family will join with me during mid of June and I will move to abu dhabi within 10 days and start looking for a flat in Muroor.

How much are you paying now? My company had 1 BR villa in Khalidiya A, but I refused as it is far and they allowed me to look for a flat nearby the city.
    My target is Muroor, as you can approach most schools easily.

You know in Saudi, these Real Estates guys are cheater. That's the reason I am cautious and would like to approach only Genuine Real Estate Agents.

That's the reason I am asking people to REFER Genuine Real Estate agents.
    Please share well know agents to get a flat in Muroor.

8. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hello
    i have no idea about muroor for flats
    take care
    regards
    rupashruti

9. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

heyyy....We were there till Sep '06...on the fifth floor.. i was running my play school and also took tuitions..I'm really curious now but unfortunately IL doesnt allow contact details to be displayed here..

Hey, khalidiya is a good locality and in the city. And no place is 'far' in abudhabi. The main concern i guess would be your kids's school but then most of the schools will have transportation facilities. Muroor is good too. Did you call KN properties? They are behind Al mariah mall..Check the ads in gulf news like i said before. theydont 'cheat' or anything, but you'll surely have to pay an amount as 'key money' + the commission which they demand..A fellow Ilite recently said she paid 30,000/ key money for a 2 B/R the rent of which is 11,000/month...! The rent fora 2 b/r flat in the city would be approx 1.4 onwards....dont expect anything less than that...So be prepared for all the shocks...I know its not easy to digest as initially we tend to compare with saudi, we used to do it too...

Since you have sufficient time before your family joins you, something should work ...

10. chennaiguy

chennaiguy New IL'ite

Hi, Fifth floor was the busiest floor in that Building.:)
    My wife might knows you.

I will tell her to join this forum later.
    She is leaving to Chennai next week and will be back with my family to Abu dhabi during mid of june.

I have to stay in a hotel for a week from April 25th to find a flat in Muroor.
    I contacted some RE already and I will post a message once a get a flat.

Thanks.