Chennai Friends - Please Help !!!!!

Discussion in 'Housing' started by skchivukula, Apr 6, 2010.

1. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends
    Need a help regarding a plot in West Tambaram near Sundernagar.
    The plot is in Varadarajanagar, Sundernagar Colony, Tambaram Ext. Road, Near Mudichur Rd., Sriperambudur Taluk, Chengalput District.
    My dad bought a double plot in this area nearly 40 yrs back. My father is no more now. Around 10 yrs back I and my brother had been to this place but couldn't locate the plot as there were no survey stones. Later when my brother went alongwith his friend, on showing the bue print of the plot, he was told that there is a proposal for an outer ring road which passes through the plot that my dad had purchased long back. And the man advised my brother to apply for compensation from the CMDA. My brother couldn't apply immediately due to some problem, and later he was told that the time for applying is over.
    BTW my brother is an officer in the SBI and is located at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. So we don't have much contacts now in Chennai.

Friends I have the foll. questions in this regard:
    • Is it true that an outer ring road is proposed in this area ?
    • If true, can we apply for compensation from the govt. ?
    • If yes, is there any deadline for applying for compensation or can we apply even now ??
    • If there is no proposal for a ring round, what is the present situation of this area - West Tambaram near Sundernagar ??
    • Is it developed now with house / apt constructions ??
    • If so, what is the present rate per square yard or sft in this area ?
    • Can we sell it to a realtor at a reasonable rate ??
    Looking forward for your help in this regard.
    Sorry dear friends for bothering you

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Is it true that an outer ring road is proposed in this area ?

I think there is a orr coming up this area. give me a few days time, will post the details of the new road. if you have the time, do check out the hindu property plus (chennai edition) 2 saturdays issues details are there.

If true, can we apply for compensation from the govt. ?
    yes. if you have the documents clear and also patta. if no patta then you cannot claim.

If yes, is there any deadline for applying for compensation or can we apply even now ??
    Sometimes, the govt. puts details and its proposal for acquisition and the compensation details in the newspapers. otherwise contacting the sub-registrar office(SRO) under which this plot comes will give you more details.
    If there is no proposal for a ring round, what is the present situation of this area - West Tambaram near Sundernagar ??
    Any place upto chengalpet has potential.

Is it developed now with house / apt constructions ??
    not sure of the exact location. but mudichur is a fast developing.

If so, what is the present rate per square yard or sft in this area ?
    Can we sell it to a realtor at a reasonable rate ??

yes. provided no acquisition. i would say, don't be in a haste. if there is not acquisition, and you would like to get the patta and get the area marked, pay an reliable agent and he will do all the necessary things provided you pay him. and wait. if the place is in the vicinity of the trilateral road then there is more potentia, if you are not in a cash crunch.

3. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Thank you very much Shanvy for your immediate reponse.
    Presently no financial crunch, so can wait for few more years. But we want to know whether the plot is in the proposed outer ring road or not ?
    If it is not in the orr, then we can think of disposing it to a realtor.
    Will surely wait for your reply.
    Thank you once again.