1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Diaries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 5, 2023.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Time is valuable and I would like to finish the change in corporation records before I leave. It is worth to do it. Who do you think will will the cup this year? Will Titans retain title?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I agree with your statement. Time remain always essence of the travel.

Anend ongoing IPL, I must say Cricket is an uncertain sport, where any team can bounce back on any given day. Although prediction of who will win IPL 2023 favors Gujarat Titans/ Chennai Super Kings, one should not be surprised if any other team like LSG sneaks and gets a hands-on IPL 2023 trophy.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Even though Titans have been consistent in performance, Mumbai is peaking at the right time. LSG lost KLRahul and CSK doesn’t have a strong fast bowling despite the presence of Pathirana. Their spin combo is good but if they reach final, they will be playing in Ahmedabad. I expect either Mumbai or Gujarat to win the title unless CSK captain makes a master stroke in the final.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Today the first action was to visit wholesale shops to select door handles, locks, door stoppers, electrical fixtures for compound wall, gate, chandeliers and wall-mounted fixtures. We visited Kalangiam for door handles and another wholesale shop for electrical fixtures. We need to walk a lot as car can’t go into those narrow roads. We managed to finish this shopping successfully by 1:30 pm. My wife suggested to buy a burner with the gas cylinder below it to boil milk as we didn’t yet buy any kitchen materials, fridge, etc. We have deferred it to the next year. From there, we again went to Woodlands to have lunch with those employees of the builders who accompanied us.

I was on time for my physiotherapy appointment at 4 pm. The builder told me to buy nine gems and 5 metals to place under the front door snd Puja door to be installed tomorrow after a Puja. I rushed to GRT Adyar at 5:30 pm to get them. I have also asked the caterer to join us for the Puja tomorrow and figure out the logistics of his catering arrangement. We beleive we are all set for the door puja tomorrow.

Now, I am comfortably watching KKR Vs RR.

swarnamary and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Sir, perhaps you can get a small induction stove for the time being, just to boil milk. Then you don’t have to worry about the cylinder.

Viswamitra and swarnamary like this.
  6. Viswamitra

What I bought is a one burner gas stove and the cylinder underneath it. It’s cost was Rs 1,300/- and the gas inside is 2 kgs. I understand this stove consumes 70 grams of gas per hour. This serves this purpose.

MalStrom likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

upload_2023-5-11_20-54-17.jpeg

This is the image of the stove.

8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

That looks cute! Like the camping stoves in the US.

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

IPL has revolutionized the cricket to a different level. It has become a festival in India just like World Cup football in Europe and South America resulting in me renaming it as Indian Premier League Festival (IPLF). This year IPL was inaugurated by the Indian Prime Minister alongside British Prime Minister. Fraser family who owns Buccaneers Football Team and Manchester United Soccer Team tried to acquire one of the new IPL teams but without success. America is introducing their own League in Cricket next year after knowing the popularity of cricket in India addressing the Indians and West Indians settled in the US.

The emerging young talents in India are thriving giving a headache to the selection committee. However, injuries are going higher and it is high time that more sophisticated sports-related treatment should be increased in India instead of Indian cricketers’ need to go overseas to treat themselves.

Yessessve Jaipal created history last night bringing Rajastan Royal into top 4. The IPL is heating up well at the business end of the tournament. Frankly, it should be renamed as International Premier League.

Note: I won’t be surprised if a giant cricket ball and bat are taken in a procession in the streets during this festival and submerged into the sea.

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

I read your entire chennai diaries so far, very nice to read and your narration is so relatable to our every day life. India trip is always hectic, when we go for a month it is so much to take care, related to banks, tax, and things for parents and constantly on the move. Apart from this we visit the family deity temple, other local spiritual places and extended family. I feel it is more work for my parents when I go there and feel like they can rest only after I leave. But they do it happily saying after we leave, they are back to routine and nothing much. Even though it is hectic, you feel satisfied, being in homeland with your near and dear ones. Glad you are able to take care of each of the planned things. Congrats on the new house and best wishes for panda kaal and grahapravesam.

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.