1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Diaries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 5, 2023.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you for your kind wishes Sir. I will definitely call you before I leave. Even though I missed you at the Grahapravesam, I felt honored when Mrs Cheeniya attended the event. Shoba and my humble namaskarams to you both and our best wishes to your daughter, son-in-law and two lovely granddaughters.

Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.
  2. Viswamitra

It is a rule in our house that only two plastic chairs one on top of the other must be used. When one leg gave way, I thought I was feeling giddy and tried to get up. While I was attempting it, the chair collapsed backwards in a position that I could not get up easily. My wife tried to help and before that the chair collapsed further dropping me to the floor luckily but my head dashed against the fridge. Within an hour, the pain subsided and I realized it is just an impact pain.

Thank you very much for the wishes for a safe journey back. I need that especially when I travel with 82 year old MIL in a wheelchair.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This reminds me a scene witnessed on a stage where moment is close to the hindu marriage event on a stage known as "kanniga dhanam". Traditionally attired dad was sitting on a chair on whose lap the bride attired in maroon silk in madisaru style. As slim and tall bride sat over the lap of her dad, one of the front legs just shrunk and got twisted . This thrown the bride over the groom standing close-by with sacred turmeric- smeared-cord held between his palms. The getti melam being played and the high pitch tune oozing out from distant Wind instrument called nagaswaram.
    All invitees close to the couple had witnessed and made sweet comments. The weak moulded plastic arm-chair was set aside and was replaced by "chair in chair".

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

VB Dace

The link to the shop is given above.

5. Viswamitra

Thank you for giving me hopes.

swarnamary and MalStrom like this.
  6. Viswamitra

June 5th - Florida here I come - Just a day to go before we are off to the US. I checked my tickets online and they are all in place with Indian Veg Meal option. Wheel chair s not marked online but I have confirmed it multiple times before I left the US. I reviewed Flightaware for the history of AF 107 from Chennai to Paris and the record was all over the map. Most flight left only at around 2:20 am instead of 1:20 am except one that left at 5 am. Our connecting flight is only 2:30 hours from the scheduled arrival time and with wheelchair we need that gap. I am praying the flight should leave on time. The last 2 days, it left on time and I will check tomorrow morning to check what time it left on 6th early morning.

The courier guy came to take most of the items we preferred to ship before our departure. I spent Rs 30,000/- to courier 42 kgs worth of items. Even thought 3 business class passengers are eligible to take 2 32kgs bags each, we are taking only 4 check in baggages. If we take too many, the customs will choose to check especially looking for food coming from India. It is a nuisance to go through it with a wheelchair passenger especially when we have a connecting flight in 2:30 hours.The courier will arrive by Friday (2days after we reach Florida).

Later in the afternoon we went to the new house to make one last view. The work is still going on and I hope they will wind it up by June end or July first week.

Tomorrow morning, I have a Board Meeting of the not-for-profit at 7 am and I need to wake up at 6:30 am. Rest tomorrow evening while waiting in the Chennai airport lounge.

7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra Sir,
    Wishing you all safe and smooth journey! Take Care...

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Viswa sir, have a safe and comfortable journey back. All the best.

9. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

oh my that one month trip just got done in a very good way..very productive,happy moments, busy busy and with few relaxing modes here and there...have a safe journey sir... :thumbup::thumbup:

10. Viswamitra

Thank you @Mistt.

Thyagarajan likes this.