1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Diaries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 5, 2023.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you very much.

2. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Its so difficult to get an apt life partner nowadays. Best wishes for your search for a suitable life partner for your son.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Viswamitra

You are so right. We tried for a long time without much of luck. One came close but got dropped by my son as she said her parents will be with her for 13 years as she needs to pursue her career and dance programs and her parents are needed to raise the child. When he said they can live close by but not in the same roof she replied, “Once I marry you, you have no option than listening to me”. That ended his dating.

Now, I told him to marry whoever he likes but asked him to make a careful decision.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

All the best to your son to get an apt life partner

5. Viswamitra

Thank you Vijiakka.

iyerviji likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

June 4th - It is interesting we spent both our birthdays in our birth country and spend our 40th wedding anniversary on June 13th (9 days from now) in the US. We were foreign to each other to begin with and perhaps took our own time to understand each other, but things have become better as we progressed together. It is not we have eliminated all our differences but learned how to handle them. Our silent treatment time has considerably come down and we learned to forgive each other much faster. Our partnership is not broken by any interference from third parties. None of the opinions expressed by others make a difference as we already have an opinion about each other. But we are still inventing new things about each other on our own and not interested in learning it from others. Bonding is strong even if it is imperfect.

Today is much more relaxing. I went to meet my cousins today one of them is a leading trial lawyers (top ten) in India. They all came for the Grahapravesam. I took their blessings before leaving for the US. They all asked the same question when we were going to live in the new house and I gave the same answer.

As usual, the caterer never showed up on the appointed time. I was thinking that habit is only restricted to pre-event and now I am convinced it is habitual even if it involves getting paid. As we speak, I am yet to pay him and I am planning to go to his office tomorrow if he doesn’t show up.

Our maid completed the US packing for all processed food and the courier is coming tomorrow. We have 36 kgs out of which 13 kgs are vessels from Bhat’s kitchen. I guess we will have enough to eat for until the end of the year or even until March 2024, if we preserve it well.

Later in the evening I went to Sundaram and listened to the Sai Bhajans for an hour and returned home relaxed.

I fell down after my chair broke last night and luckily I escaped without any injuries.

MalStrom, gamma50g and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Is Bhat's kitchen an utensil store in chennai?

I am sorry to hear you fell down from your chair yesterday but thank god you are okay before traveling back to US. Wish you safe travels back.

8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

My parents also went through so much of tension for my brother while they were seeing marriage prospects. One of the girls’ mothers called up my dad before any meeting was planned and tried to interrogate him thoroughly about their properties and finances, and also stated that they would live with the couple in their house after marriage if they chose to. My father was so unnerved that he declined the alliance right there.
    Fortunately my brother eventually found an excellent partner.

Viswamitra, Cheeniya and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viswa
    You must be getting ready for your flight back home. I wish you bon voyage!
    My namaskaram to your MIL and blessings to you and Shobha:blush:

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Ditto from thyagarajan to @Viswamitra .

It is great relief to your followers in IL that you are safe & sound from that breaking of moulded plastic chair the leg of which is slender and breaks easily when it rests only on two hind legs. Wishing your family & you a happy return flight to US.

Regards.
    God Bless

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    Viswamitra likes this.