1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Diaries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 5, 2023.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

As he recovers over the next few months, he would be back to his normal self. He is now building his self-confidence that his health will be normal soon. You will have great time with your dad soon. My best wishes.

SuiDhaaga and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Viswamitra

After finishing my physical therapy sharp from 3 pm to 4 pm, we rushed to Antique-shop to give advance to the four wooden pillars. The builder confirmed Rs 1,00,000/- plus 12% GST is a reasonable price. I paid Rs 50,000/- advance to the shop and the owner agreed to deliver the pillars next Friday. We would like to change the iron pillars before the house-warming. While driving back, I learned that RR lost the game with huge margin. After coming back, I watched CSK game and was disappointed about the results. I took care of some payment due to the builder online. I sent a note to the tax advisor that we need to finalize the tax return for the year ended March 31st, 2023. I spoke to my son and he is doing okay.

joylokhi and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Viswamitra

We were planning to continue inviting people today but my wife suggested it would be best if we could finish up shopping the gifts to be given to the relatives and hand them over to them when we invite them instead of giving them at the event. I liked that idea and hence we changed the plan to buy sarees, dhoties, shirts, etc. We visited Tulasi Silks to buy a few sarees and then visited Vadaseri shop in Mylapore to buy dhotis. My wife already bought most sarees to be gifted from someone who sells door to door. They were great quality sarees. Dhotis were bought for those 7 who are coming from Srirangapatna to perform Grahapravesam and a few seniors in our family.

I also used the time to go to Bank of India locker to get the items needed for Puja. My friend handed over the original documents of the land in which we are building the new house and that briefcase needed to be kept in the locker.

The rest of the afternoon I used to download online statements of all the bank accounts to send to my tax advisor to file 2022-2023 tax return. Since we sold a flat to use the funds for construction, there is further TDS deducted and I need to claim refund by filing the tax return. The therapist came around 3 pm sharp and brought a belt I should wear to relieve me out of back pain. He also suggested a belt to remove the bend at the shoulder level.

My wife is continuing with her Ayurvedic treatment everyday at 4 pm. She got a belt for her knee from the therapist as well.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Thank you thank you thank you

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

This morning driver arrived late due to headache. I was feeling bad that he needed to report duty despite his health issues. But he refused to go home and said he had worked like this before. He went to the doctor but he diagnosed it as heatwave causing his headache. The temperature yesterday was 108 degrees.

We left home at 10:30 am to visit 5 relatives. We bought fruits on our way as it was customary to visit people with fruits besides gifts. First we visited my wife’s chithappa. He was so nice and promised to be for Grahapravesam with his two daughters. One of them is coming from Hyderabad only for the Grahapravesam with her husband.

Then we visited my cousins’ residences. Two of them lost their spouses. One of my cousins died by we wanted to invite his spouse and children. Luckily all of them were in Adyar and we invited all of them in one place. One of my cousins who is a trial lawyer practices in Adyar and he suggested that inviting him in the office is okay. One of my cousin’s son is a public prosecutor and his office was on the same location. I was pleased all of them agreed to come for the event. I called two of my cousin sisters over phone, one living in Pondicherry and another living in Anna Nagar, Chennai. Anna Nagar sister wanted to see me as she was not sure about coming for the event and hence I decided to visit her tomorrow. In the meantime, I have provided all information my tax advisor needed to file my tax return for the fiscal year 2022-2023. I sent the driver home early after my wife visited her Ayurvedic clinic. My wife’s cousin visited us late in the evening.

swarnamary and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Nice. Time seems to flow by as you go from one place to another while outside it was extremely hot since yesterday.
    Today's jotting is not hinting about the place you had your lunch.
    Regards.

swarnamary likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

The driver reported at 9:30 am. As planned I visited my cousin sister in Anna Nagar. My sister’s daughter and her daughter were at home. I had great time talking to her. I bought some fruits on the way and handed over the fruits and two Sarees my wife bought for both my cousin sisters including one in Pondicherry. As I didn’t know what to gift my sister’s daughter and her daughter, I handed over a gift cover with cash in it. They gracefully accepted it. My sister’s daughter lost her husband when they were traveling in Germany a few years back and it is still in my memory. My sister’s grand daughter was so nice and engaged in a great conversation with me despite huge age difference. She finished her graduation in fashion design several years back when they lived in Adyar. I left around 12:30 pm and reached home by around 1:30 pm. Had lunch at home like yesterday. As usual, physio therapist came around 3:30 pm after my wife left for her treatment. I concluded my physical therapy session today. He taught some nice exercises that I should do for 20-25 minutes everyday that will relieve my back ache and solve my numbness in the feet. He asked me to the exercises and video-taped in my phone so that I won’t forget any of them. Lifting my head without the support of my hand while facing down was hard and so was lifting my leg up. He said I would become more flexible after a few days. The rest were easy and some of them I already do and familiar with.

I called up the site project manager and the builder and asked them to shut down their activities latest by May 25th and leave the last week for Grahapravesam planning. I followed up with caterer to find out when he can visit the site for logistics planning. He is actually busy as there are so many Muhurtham days this month.

swarnamary likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

My IPL expectations:

1) Delhi Capitals and Hyderabad Sunrisers were already eliminated on points.
    2) KKR is negative on points and already finished 13 games. KKR will find it hard to beat LSG. Even if they beat them, they will lose based on NRR unless they beat LSG handsomely. I feel KKR will be eliminated.
    3) Punjab Kings is playing against Delhi Capital today and in two days they are playing against RR. It will be hard for them to win both games. Even if them win, they can’t improve net run rate. Therefore I feel Punjab Kings will be eliminated as well.
    4) RCB has 2 game but one of them is against Gujarat Titans. If they win both games, they can move to 16 points.
    5) Mumbai Indians will beat Sunrisers Hyderabad on Sunday and reach 16 points definitely subject to another goof up like the one against LSG. They lost the golden opportunity to improve run rate when they played against Titans thanks to Rashid Khan hitting so many sixes.
    6) Titans is already in playoff and for the next 3 positions, LSG, CSK, RCB, and MI are competing. I feel LSG will beat KKR and reach 17 points. CSK will fight well against DC and possibly reach 17 points as well. I feel MI will be in the 4th position.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thanks Sir. I enjoyed reading your cogent analysis.

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

upload_2023-5-17_21-11-14.jpeg
    For people suffering from chronic back pain and can not exercise their limbs, the above sleep posture recommended. Turkish towel roll kept beneath the middle of backbone. It gives significant relief but it is not to be construed for a cure.

Viswamitra likes this.