Chennai Book Fair 2009

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by Jenz, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

In two more days, Chennai Book Fair 2009 will be inaugurated by Dr. Abdul Kalam in St. George's Anglo Indian School (Poonamalle High Road).

Any of you planning to visit? I am regular to book fairs.....love to smell those new books...mmmmmm....and thats possibly when I get my fitness routine by walking the huge ground ;-)

Cheers
    Jenz

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear Jenz,
    Ho w i wish i could attend it?DO share your expereince after visiting.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Jenz,
    I am a regular visitor every year. Just the look of the books are pleasant, I love reading. Do look up Kavitha Publications stall and our own Varalotti's books. I posted a photo of the stall and books last year in our forum, will do that this year too.

4. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi Varloo

I am also a regular visitor as long as am in Chennai. I was about to visit today...but looks like I will do only on Monday....trying to avoid weekends....because it would be too crowded and I need a lllllllllooooooonnnnnnggggggggg time to browse through the fair!

Sure will check out Varlotti's book....already on the agenda :)

Cheers
    Jenz

5. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Hey guys, who ever visits...if possible post a few pictures of the fair. I wont be able to visit this year so let me look at the photos and feel happyp :)

6. lalith123

lalith123 Senior IL'ite

hey i have been there!!

it wow yaar.. real gud one.. all kindsa books are there.. there is a large collection.. nearly 400 odd stalls were there..

do visit !! they still have time till 18..

7. anudhivi

anudhivi Silver IL'ite

hi sireesha,

have you visited the fair?
    i think of to buy some embroidery, painting and some beginners giude for 1yr old kid. i want to carry him along with me and i think i cant chk out the whole place. can u say the stall name if u know so that i can easily chk out there.
    if u help me, i will be really thankful to u.

regards,
    dhivya

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I had been to the fair yesterday and had posted about it in the ILiites Milestones forum with pictures. Please do check there.
    Hi Anudhivi, About the books you mentioned, you need to go and browse really. I don't remember the no of the stall. But you could walk along and easily find out. Do go during afternoon time so that crowd will be less. I plan to go again on a working day. Will you be going alone? If so, we could try to go together, meet at the entrance and then proceed. What say?

9. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi

The site bapasi.org also lists some key publishers and their stall numbers. Added to it they also have a floor plan...so if you are someone who doesn't fuss about reading maps and following it....take a look in their site!

Am yet to visit....waiting for my day :)

Cheers
    Jenz

10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi gals,

hm................ i miss the book fair............ and the book smell......... me and my pa go there every yr and collect lot of books every yr. have a good time.