1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cheek Pinchers!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Novalis
    Yes I know the guy. He has beaten to pulp many Mollywood villains and by mistake heroes too. I had heard that some Mumbai based real time pick pockets would run for life seeing him!
    When I was first called uncle at my age of 18 by a ten year old, I banged my head against a solid pillar and cried. I reached my 'grand' status when I was around 50+ and I thought that the title 'thatha' would remain only with my grandchildren but I became thatha to the whole bunch of kids in the neighborhood. Today even 25+ call me so which makes me proud. When I was asked to hoist the flag on Republic Day in my apartment complex, I felt as proud as the President of India.
    I even know guys who tickle children till suffocate laughing! Different strokes!
    This is the longest sentence of accolade I have ever received and I bow and cross my hand on on my heart in the truly Masonic style. (Old habits die hard you know!)
    Sri

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

@Afresh
    You are most welcome to visit my nest when we'll perform an encore for you!
    These days it is the other way around! If you are searching for your tiny hearing-aid that has fallen on the road as a result of your big sneezing, many people on the road start searching without bothering to know what you are searching for. This is a very curious world!

Afresh likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

@Amulet
    You never spoke a truer word Amulet! I can now write a book on 'If you have nothing to do, how to do it'.

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

My first response looking at the title even before I read it was "No way!" Just the other day, one of my friends daughters was explaining to me as to how people like to pinch her cheek, and with a lot of agitation adds, "even people I don't know". But she is such a cutie and just 5 and I make a mental note not to do that to her. She is just glad she has a baby brother that people can bother now :) But I continue to give her hugs and she loves them! Now, I think I have to go back and re-read your snippet for I seem to have forgotten half of what you have written, rambling after your rambling. Oh wait! I do remember. Did you show this snippet to your daughter? Now she will know that you don't ramble just about lizards or dogs - you can pretty much ramble on anything you chose to and that is harder than just rambling on lizards. I am not sure about lizards, but dogs you know I like them and every time Toby has head out the car window into that wind outside, I think of your another rambling where you had mentioned that you had blown into a dog's face......

I beg to disagree and agree with you here, sir!
    You know I know many people your age and most of them assure me when I am all gaga over weather, flowers and what not with a "Hey, you spring chicken, wait till you get to our age, life only gets more beautiful!" I absolutely love their enthusiasm. And now to the agreeing part - you are right! Sometimes some people do feel that every elderly person should be filled with a purpose! No, no one should be robbed of being a goofball! It is okay. Not that I have to tell you, continue to show us life through your rambles or are those ramblings? What's the difference anyways?

Keep that screen sparkling clean, the keyboard all wiped and ready for that finger all the time! I don't think you want to go out in that heat now anyways. If life serves you lemons (in the form of that heat!), enjoy a cool lemonade indoors :)

Afresh likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Srama
    My dear Sabi
    I noticed your FB only an hour back as I had given up the hope of getting any further response! Hence, the delay in responding.
    I have highly reliable statistics that unknown people comprise more than 80% of cheek pinchers. This is worldwide statistics and in India it could be a lot more. I wonder if some people are already in line to create a Guinness record in this activity.
    It is most likely that you are not a cheek pincher. Cheek pinchers are quite impulsive. If they see a chubby cheek, they must pinch it. They are like drug addicts. They don't, can't actually, make a resolution that they would exempt some cheeks from the gamut of their operation. It therefore means that you are not an habitual cheek pincher. QED.
    Pinchers call it a very insipid way of expressing love. Seasoned cheek pinchers do their pinching with clenched teeth. The more they love a child, the harder they clench their teeth.
    Most people say that one must be filled with a purpose right from childhood. It is a relief to hear you restricting it to old age. Purpose makes life very boring. I just keep them stored in with a remark 'No action is required'. In fact, I get so many of them stored in that they overflow my head!
    I'll most certainly do it Sabi. And thanks a lot for a lovely response as usual.
    Sri

startinganew and Srama like this.
  6. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Fantastic sir :clap2::clap2: you have quoted it very rightly...most important very lightly. Feel good one.

As always loved your humor part :roflmao: what a comparison.
    hope ur lappy didn't bark at you :scream: Lovely conversation.... :thumbup:

thank you!!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

@Adharv
    They say that the waves in a ocean increases when there are more people to watch it. It is at least true in my case. I may not be getting more humorous but it certainly increases my passion for blogging.
    Thanks a lot! My lappy never barks at me but the force I give the keyboard with my index finger makes it wince in pain!

startinganew and Adharv like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:i am sure to empathize as i do sail in your boat!
    Thanks & regards.