Check here - the Shlokas Index

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Aug 27, 2006.

1. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra

It is a great work from you. This will be very useful for all of us. I think we do not have to search anywhere else for shlokams. It is all in IL. Thank you very much.

regards
    vidhi

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhi,
    This thread was started by me quite some time back. I am surprised, it is catching everybody's attention only today !!
    Please feel free to ask me any shlokam you want. If I know, I will post it.
    Thankyou for the F B.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Aarti

Aarti New IL'ite

Namaste Chitraji,

for quiet some time i have been following the shlokas u have posted. most r new to me. so took some time learning them. of course not yet done. i regularly chant the sudarshana shloka u have given and wanted to know, is that the whole sudarshan shloka, or there is more? if there is, would u please post it? i m experienceing the +ve benefits of the chanting. and want to learn more.
    also abt soundaryalahiri. what does the name means? whom do we pray to by chanting it? do u chant all the shlokas everyday or as u have mentioned, part 1 for the daily routine, and specific shlokas for the resp. days? coz i m learning it for the 1st time, wld u suggest to learn and chant them all sequentially daily?
    i want to have a good foundation for my daughter (just turned 2) and listens carefully to all my chanting. i wld appreciate ur invaluable guidence.

Deepest Regards,

Aarti

4. Chitvish

My dear Aarti,
    I am very happy to read your post. To develop an interest in reciting shlokas at a young age is a blessing given by God. Generally laziness is the victim who should be kept at bay !
    This Sudharshana shlokam is one on its own. There is one with 6 verses & another one with 8 verses. Besides these, there is a "big one" with 100 verses.
    If you want the 6 versed one, I will post it for your benefit.
    Soundaryalahari means " Waves of Beauty". These hymns are in praise of Devi, Lalitha Thripurasundari or Parvathi. They are popular always in Sounth India along with Lalitha Sahhasranamam.
    To start with, chant sholokas, as per the schedule I have given. Daily + specific ones for each day.
    Step up very gradually, what you chant on a daily basis. Do not bother about learning by heart. Reading with a printout is always preferable to aopid mistakes.
    Start chanting the shlokas for children that I have given, daily when your daughter is around. Or tape them in your voice & play it everyday. She will learn it in no time.

Any doubt you have, please feel free to ask me.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Aarti

Aarti New IL'ite

Namaste Chitraji,

Thank u so much for those appreciative words. with the "aashirvaad" of all the elders like u, it becomes easier.

and would u please post 6 versed sudarshana shloka? i will follow u r directions and recite them. and definitely update u.

with love and deepest regards,

Aarti

6. Chitvish

Dear Aarti,
    I shall post the 6 versed sudarshana shloka this week.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Aarti

Aarti New IL'ite

Namaste Chitraji,

i will wait for the shlokas. also abt soundaryalahiri, is there any specific day, when i should start reciting them? like usually any worship for the godesses, we wait for a tuesday, thursday or a friday?

Regards,

Aarti

8. Chitvish

Dear Aarti,
    Please go to
    http://www.prapatti.com/slokas/sanskrit/sudarshanashadkam.pdf
    for sudarshana Shadkam.
    I will send it if you want it in english, which is not given there.
    S Lahari can be started on a friday since that is the most auspicious day for Devi. Personally I would advise you to start any day - every day is a good day.
    I specify friday, because you are particularly asking me. Please do not overly bother about these trivial things. Go ahead with an open mind with nothing but love for God & humanity.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. jayanthikrishnan

jayanthikrishnan New IL'ite

IT IS SIMPLY WONDERFUL. NO WHERE CAN YOU GET SLOKAS ALL AT ONE GO . CONGRATS ON A JOB VERY WELL DONE. I HOPE YOU CAN GIVE ME THE SLOKA ON SRI CHAKRAM THATS USED FOR THE MERU. THANKS---JAYANTHI:2thumbsup:

10. Chitvish

Hello Jayanthi,
    Welcome to this forum.
    Thanks for your post. I have sent you the shloka on Meru by P M. Kindly acknowledge.
    Love,
    Chithra.