Check Here: Early Symptoms of Pregnancy and how to test for it!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Niveditha, Oct 19, 2005.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Re: Am I pregnant

How long is ur cycle.. Its better to wait for at least 1 week after ur missing period to take pregnancy test. And symptoms vary from person to person.

2. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear Sirisha

I had the same symptoms for my 2 pregnancy. My sugesstion is get a Home Pregnancy test kit and test . Gernally if it is pregnancy even if u miss a day u can check nothing wrong .All the very best and keep us post.

Love sumi:2thumbsup:

9 people like this.
  3. sirisyam

sirisyam Silver IL'ite

Myin laws say that missing a period and exhaustive ness may also be due to lack of blood in the body, when I said I am planning to meet a doctor in this regard.But It never happend to me before marraige.Shall I test using a home pregnancy test, before going to a doctor.Or shall I wait untill my next mensus to be missed out.Today is my 9th day that i missed it

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sirisyam,

Your in-laws are correct, due to anaemia also sometimes it happens, but now it is better to check once at home using the kit before you have an appointment with your doctor..

If it is positive you can go for confirmation with doctor or just to check your blood Hb count etc., All the best...

Regards,
    USHA.

1 person likes this.
  5. Paradise

Paradise New IL'ite

How to confirm pregnancy?

Hi Indus ladies!

I am in MI state of US. I have a doubt about the details of getting confirmation of pregenancy. If we are in India , there are elder relatives as well as check up with the doctor is also easy. I have regular periods of 28 days cycle . This month I have missed my periods. I want to know whether am I pregenant? when will i consult with the gyn? can I go with the home tests for pregenancy? please tell the details. It might be useful to me.

Thanks and Regards
    Padma

6. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Re: How to confirm

Dear Padma,

You can do the home pregnncy test. It is quite effective and reliable. Also take folic acid - min 400 mcg. A prescription may be required but some of the department stores would have folic acid supplements from natural sources which would not require prescription.

If you get a +ve result, Congrats! do get an appointment with the doc, you would require some pre-natal supplements.

WebMD - Better Information. Better Health. is a very useful link for all your doubts.

All the best.

7. sita2460

sita2460 New IL'ite

What are pre-cautions taken during the early pregnancy period

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Just did a hpt yesterday and got positive result. Planning to see a Dr. soon. But i would like to know what are the pre-cautions we should take during this early stage.. I had a miscarriage about 8 months back . So I want to be very careful this time. Is it safe to lift weight (ex: grocery items) or taking stairs as i am living on top floor? Please advise.

Thanks,
    Sita.

8. naazneen

naazneen Junior IL'ite

Re: What are pre-cautions taken during the early pregnancy period

Hi Seetha,
    first of all congratulations! may god bless your family. Well it would be wise for you not to lift very heavy things while climbing stairs for some time. The important thing ofcourse would be to contact your doctor about why you had the first miscarriage and take precautions accordingly. Sometimes it helps to take as much bed rest as possible before you actually meet the Dr. All the best!
    ~ Naazneen.

1 person likes this.
  9. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Be careful not to lift heavy loads,grocery bags are fine as long as it is not too heavy.Don't run,climbing up and down the stairs is okay,do slowly.Take prenatal vitamins which are available over the counter.

You can do 30 minutes walking daily,even treadmill is fine,don't do very fast,that's all.Like my doctor said to me during my first pregnancy-'you are pregnant,not sick,do all the things you always do because this is something very natural to women.':smile:

10. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi sita

congrats on ur pregnancy....yes first of all go to the doc and they will take a urine test n confirm ur pregnancy..as adviced by others,take advice frm doc to b careful during this pregnancy...they usually give an injection i think to avoid miscarriage..dun lift heavy things n avoid the stairs for atleast 3 months....dun bend too much and strain urself....have a gud diet consisting of fruits and greens..drink loads of water...

lov
    sowmi