Chatter And Banter - Politics In North America

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Laks09, Sep 18, 2018.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It has messed with his mental equilibrium, if his classy behavior at tonight's Michigan rally is anything to go by.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Malala was shot by Taliban.
    She is useless. She kept mum when minority girls were kidnapped, converted and married by old men in Pakistan.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I’m not so sure about the impeachment being put to vote. I feel like the country is more divided than ever. I’ve no doubts that DT deserves it but the GOP has portrayed such a morose picture of this, comparing this to Jesus’ crucification for eg, that the Democrats have an uphill battle next Nov. This might lead to not reclaiming the senate which will be a disaster.

MalStrom and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Senate may not be able to impeach as 53 seats out of 100 with republican and 2/3 majority of present in senate would require at the time of vote.?
    Am I confused? Enlighten me.
    Thanks and Regards.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The Senate was always a tall order, but it will be a complete disaster if the Dems also lose the House and Trump wins again, the latter of which is looking more likely than not right now.

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The senate will not impeach. The GOP leaders have already said they will acquit.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:That would be ok for some. Thank you.
    Regards.

8. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

I am with Yang on impeachment. If the current president need to be defeated, focus on impeachment will work against the democrats. Instead focus on your own policies on why it will make life better for the average american.

Pelosi might do well if she doesn't send this to the senate.

While all talks from Yang are good, If you haven't watched any, below is a good one on his policies. The interviewer tries to roughen him up, but up to you to decide what you feel.

Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:Hi thanks.
    2. I agree with that
    3. Whether impeached or not, the blot will have its weight in the impending election in favour of the current opponents of Trump.
    4. Hail democracy and 3 cheers to half of US citizens.!.
    Regards.
    God - are you for Demo or Repub?

Laks09 likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

DT was never going to be impeached by Senate right from the time the House started impeachment process. The Dems knew that but did that to gain political momentum. They are counting on news cycle on witnesses and evidences being discussed on liberal media. 40% of the US is not even listening to this liberal television news. Therefore, who wins in 2020 is dependent upon 15% who decide every election 15-30 days before the election based on issues they like.

I get a strange feeling that both Congress and Senate might be won by the Dems because of the down ballots might go in their favor while the Presidential election may go in favor of DT. Still, they have to live with him for the next 4 years because they won't have 2/3rd majority in the Senate to impeach him for abuse of power and obstruction of congress.

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.