Chatter And Banter - Politics In North America

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Laks09, Sep 18, 2018.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Who makes up the scale? You?

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Every objectivity is a subjective measurement of objectivity. So yeah. No fixed, standard scale.

So if you ask my scale, an acid attack victim gets much higher preference over a first world kid who has no immediate life problems so has the luxury to worry about the planet's future.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

And other people may choose to differ, so everyone pretty much speaks for themselves.

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

And therefore it is essential to leave room for a contrary opinion.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If Melania were to be verbose and shared her opinion in public it won’t bode well for her. A justice on the SCOTUS can pull that stunt and get accolades for it but a woman doing it wouldn’t go well in the eyes of the people. She’s smart enough to know that.

She recently issued an official statement about DT’s bullying of Greta. She stated that Greta chose to bring it on by being in the public limelight but to the contrary Barron needs his privacy. It did sound a little like a gender bias.

When a judge in consideration for the SCOTUS can throw a tantrum on live television and a POTUS can throw tantrums on Twitter, women young and old are looked at more critically when they express emotions publicly. Taking a chill pill is often recommended to girls and women but when men express the same emotions they garner a lot more support. Women and girls who don’t express a lot of emotions and work on things diplomatically are often referred to as classy.

Btw, not pointing fingers at you. Even I feel similarly. I often felt Nancy Pelosi is classy when compared to Elizabeth Warren. Both have the same outlooks, one goes about it in a politically correct manner whereas the other is emotional and verbal.

Beto, who can be angry and has lashed out at the POTUS, I have no issues with it. When the female candidates do it, I wonder why they cannot control their emotions and work on problems at hand.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Thyagarajan and SunPa like this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Acid attack? This is Malala Yousafzai we are speaking of right? I thought she was shot by the Taliban for speaking out for girls education? When did the acid attack happen?

Mistt likes this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

There is room for criticism of all opinions too. Doesn't make one better than the other. However a grown man tantruming over a child is going to look ridiculous no matter what.

8. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

You are right, she was shot for going to school.. Later she started speaking out..

Gauri03 likes this.
  9. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

yes, and no, my mistake. no acid attack on her, it's usually Afghan girls who face that.

Yes, Orange man bad :sob:

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The prez has been impeached. We knew the outcome in the House of Representatives, as we do in the Senate. I, for one, am glad he will go down in history on the very short list of presidents who were successfully impeached; I hope that thought drives him batty. Scant consolation but I'll take it, for now.

Trump Impeached for Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress

Laks09 likes this.