Chatter And Banter - Politics In North America

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Laks09, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

shravs, pleas quote at least an entire sentence from my post. Or the context gets mis-represented. The half-sentence you have quoted makes it seems I am saying, "there is no scarcity of American workers with CS degree or IT experience."

To answer the point you have raised: if the majority of the H4 EAD are CS degree holders (and we don't have the data on that), maybe create a separate H<something> category for them. Any number of H4 EAD's able to work in jobs that do not have scarcity of American workers will make H1-haters hate it even more.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    Sunshine04 likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

There is a no question immigration policies helped the United States to thrive and reach the level of #1 economy in the world. Immigration policies are considered one of the load-bearing walls of the progress of this nation. Diversity of this nation is the root cause of thriving growth and development.

Now, let us see the principles discussed by the politicians who always talk from both side of their mouth:

1) The ability to maintain Caucasian majority - Right or wrong they maintained majority in most developed nations for years and years and used up immigration as a tool for the growth and development of the nation with carefully crafted legislation so that the minority remained minority. African, Hispanic, Asian and Pacific Islanders contribution to the United States is fairly significant. The country has reached a point where more and more immigrants are needed resulting in tilting the balance of immigration of people of color. Even though it is not a subject matter that is openly discussed due to fear of another civil rights movement, there is no doubt that nationalism movement is driven and fueled by this thought.

2) Merit-based immigration - Even though it is discussed frequently by the right wing people, they themselves promote illegal immigrants for their own businesses. Besides, they also understand that if merit is the driving force without the limit on immigration, by now, the United States will have people of color in the majority as in most developing nations, education is the only way the families could become wealthier.

3) Need-based immigration - Immigration policies evolved over a period of time. Sometime back it was need-based. When the country needed more doctors, the physicians migrated in large numbers resulting in the immigration policy changes immediately after mass migration. At another point, they needed information technology professionals and that led to another mass immigration. Agriculture and Hospitality industries need a lot of low level skilled workers with no education and those resources are available across the southern border of the United States. If we carefully review immigration policies, there is no coherent long-term set of principles driving the legal immigration.

4) Displacement asylum - Most countries are sympathetic for people who are displaced in their own country due to various reasons. I think the government already do a lot of verification in accepting asylum seekers. This in my view, should be approved as a non-immigrant status with a periodic reporting to the ICE about their whereabouts.

The borderless country is not sustainable and everyone understands that illegal immigration is a menace just like loopholes in the tax laws resulting in wealthy becoming more wealthier. No politician on either side of the aisle is able to fix immigration and tax law loopholes because every campaign needs votes from sympathizers of illegal immigrants as well as wealthy donors.

10 million plus illegal immigrants didn't happen overnight while ICE resources were sleeping. It happened over many decades when both parties ruled the nation. Illegal immigrants exist both in Red States and Blue States in equal numbers. Sanctuary cities exist because of more illegal immigrant sympathizers' votes.

While one party quietly work against illegal immigration without anyone noticing it to avoid losing votes from illegal immigrant sympathizers and raise funds from common people in the US to avoid lobbying of the wealthy donors while the other party accepts donations from wealthy donors despite lobbying risks and talks vehemently and openly against illegal immigration hoping nationalist agenda could help them sustain power.

Despite so much argument, there is no evidence of large numbers of illegal immigrants voting in the US election as described by the President. States do have different laws to verify identity and there has to be uniform method to check both identity and citizenship status. Preferably citizenship status should be prior checked and a voter registration mailed to the address while photo ID can be checked at the polling stations.

Sunshine04 and 1Sandhya like this.
  3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Funny you know, those who are going to be terribly affected by global warming (predominantly south Asia) is not bothered about it at all and are busy making & providing to the 2 kids while people like Greta who are net beneficiary of global warming (more warmer temperature, better productivity of land) are subscribing to activism and missing the basic routine of human life.

Sometimes nothing makes sense.

EDIT:

On a lighter note

images.jpg

Vaikuntha likes this.
  4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Post #Char-Sau-Bees is somewhat glib, betraying a lack of reflection.
    As does Malala - and she was awarded a Nobel Prize - as does every 'leader' elected or soi-disant.
    The 'I' in that statement is not personal. Thunberg is a symbol. She is the voice of the meek who shall inherit the earth. Or what's left of it. The planet is on loan to us from the unborn. Those 'leaders' are mere custodians, lessees, and sharecroppers; there is no ownership. A teenager whose parents lie benumbed by a drug-addled stupor, wallowing in vomit and spittle, has every right to berate them. Young Greta is laying claim to her inheritance - as well she should.
    Education is defense against the mob. It is the creation of a demos that can hold leaders to account who claim to act on its behalf. Education is the means by which a society reaches consensus on its values, on what is worthy of preservation from all that we inherited. Setting aside its instrumental aspects, education is a debate about the legacy we will leave our children. The university asks - what should we keep? What is to be discarded? Over and over again. We dare not confuse that with credentialing.

Greta Thunberg is getting the best education there is.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Does it work in the elections too? :facepalm:

6. sokanasanah

I am outraged! Fake news! Why don't we investigate @nemesis' defense of puppy barbecues and kitten kebabs?
    :mad::screamcat:

7. sokanasanah

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I believe Aaron Pesky was removed because the parents revolted and the principal decided to give in to their demands. Getting penalized for his opinion is ok in my books but if my child were on that team I wouldn't want this man, penalized or otherwise, anywhere near her. My DD has been in a HS varsity team and I know the power coaches have over the girls. Coaches, because of the power they possess can do a lot of harm. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Penalty doesn't mean his opinions have changed and I wouldn't want to take that risk. In fact, while he was fighting the removal vote, he came out and made statements about his beliefs. Those things are available to any parent online. I believe the moms in question used that to get him out of his JV coach role.

I would still call him a rapist. He didn't disagree to raping the woman. He should continue to rot in the sex offenders registry until eternity.

9. Laks09

I was talking about Austin where the local officials did what they were supposed to, don't even have a sanctuary city status because of existing state rules and yet got penalized. That kind of brow beating, to get a mayor to comply isn't ok.

This isn't a pan America problem and the reverse where you have to prove your citizenship at traffic stops, bank lines(with the question only going to brown skinned people), voting places with a valid required photo ID(as deemed by the law) isn't ok either. It's kind of insulting in a bank where you've given them business for 23 years.

10. Laks09

The feds aren't brow beating the local cities for cooperating with them. They are penalizing them because their mayors are democratic. Cities with republican mayors haven't had to deal with feds trying to enforce and overreach. That's reserved for the democratic suburbs and cities. It's a systemic way of scaring the local residents. They are told their safety is in peril at the hands of their democratic mayor. IF the rule is the same for all towns, then my very red very republican mayor who also is very pro amnesty for all isn't having the same push backs.

Again, this is a state specific thing. I'm not convinced that illegal aliens should vote either. That's something that the CA residents should contest. I'm not sure an extreme right policy at the federal level is the answer to this though. Just like I have my reservations about the right of right candidates, I have my reservations for the left leaning people who are so far left they are falling off of the left side of the spectrum. I'm actually disappointed in the dems for the infighting, there should have been one strong candidate by now.