Chatgpt

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Viswamitra, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I asked ChatGPT to write a poem about Indus Ladies and it created the following poem. I request ILites to comment on this:

Indusladies, a community so dear,
    A place for women to share and cheer.
    With stories, advice, and laughter too,
    We come together, me and you.

From motherhood to work and play,
    We share our joys and struggles each day.
    With kindness, support, and sisterly love,
    We lift each other up like a dove.

Through the trials and triumphs we face,
    Indusladies is our safe and sacred space.
    A community of women, united and strong,
    Navigating life's journey, together we belong.

Let us celebrate and honor each other,
    In this community, like sisters and brothers.
    Indusladies, here's to you,
    May our bond forever be true.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

1) I've asked ChatGPT many things for fun, including a text for the FP January month thread starter post, but askign it for a poem about IndusLadies is neat. Am curious what was your input or prompt to ChatGPT.

2) The poem by itself is nice and does sum up IL well. But, like many other outputs from ChatGPT, on looking closer, you feel it is generic. Impressive for AI but missing that personal touch.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

@Rihana,

My request to ChatGPT was a simple request to write a poem about Indusladies and it came up with this. May be I should have been more specific.

At least now, I know ChatGPT is looking at Meta data from Indusladies. May be in future, I can ask questions such as:

1) How to solve this specific marital issue?
    2) This child in post # ___ is problematic and what suggestion I can give this mom?
    3) What response I can give to this specific snippet?
    4) What is your opinion of this poetry?
    5) Tell me your views of this fiction written by __________?

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Every search engine, AI platform or mobile app comes with its own risks. When we use them, we learn how much of data about each one of us is already available in the internet space. We were alarmed about FaceBook capturing all our activities but there are so many known and unknown platforms are capturing our data. It is best we don't use our personal data such as social security, date of birth, address, family info, etc. Posting photos of our family is definitely not desirable. Soon after 9/11, we were so much worried about the government watching over us but it looks like more private institutions are gathering information about all of us.

It is always hard for AI programs to watch the intentions of the human beings. The capabilities of AI can be used both for good and bad reasons.

At least if we have the awareness of AI platforms watching over the posts in IL, we can be much more careful in what we write to the fellow ILites.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

I asked the question @Rihana asked me and ChatGPT gave me the following response:

"No, ChatGPT poems are not generic. They are created using a natural language processing system that is trained to generate unique and creative poems based on a user's input."

Then I asked it to write a poem about me and it wrote as though it is written by my wife. I think ChatGPT is ready to please me to make more use of ChatGPT.

Here is the poem:

"You are a mystery, a puzzle yet to be solved,
    A riddle that I long to understand.
    With eyes that sparkle and a smile so bold,
    You capture my attention like a warm, loving hand.

With every word you speak, you leave me in awe,
    With every move you make, my heart skips a beat.
    I am drawn to you, like a moth to a raw,
    With you, I am complete.

You are my shining star in the night sky,
    My beacon of hope in the darkest of days.
    With you by my side, I can reach new heights,
    With you, I can chase my wildest dreams away.

So here's to you, my love, my life, my all,
    With you, forever is not long enough.
    Together, we will rise and never fall.
    Together, we will make our own luck".

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Dear @viswa delighted with that "your sweet heart poem" created by chatGPT for you. Indeed difficult for any one to say it is created by AI.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Finally, I asked, "Is future for Google Chrome or ChatGPT?" and it gave the following reply which is neutral.

"Google Chrome is a web browser developed by Google, while ChatGPT is a language model developed by OpenAI. The future of Google Chrome is likely to continue to be a widely used web browser, as it is currently one of the most popular browsers in the world. The future of ChatGPT is also likely to continue to be a widely used language model, as it is currently one of the most powerful and widely used language models available. However, the future of the technology behind both Chrome and ChatGPT is constantly evolving and it is difficult to predict what changes or advancements may occur in the future".

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Job losses will be sure. Productivity may be up but knowledge in several areas of IT and IT training wo UK ld be rendered redundant. No need to google analyse and work . The entire data available in internet would be collected and text response or project report made in a jiffy. ChatGPT looks spell thr deathknell of atleast half of IT based industries would be wiped out. One can get portfolio for best returns. Stock brokers must be getting their shivers. Destructive potential seems to me to be endless.

Viswamitra likes this.