1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Chapathi or Rice ??

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by vvanand, Jan 13, 2010.

1. vvanand

vvanand Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Happy New Year and Happy Pongal.

"Pongal" that reminds me that we will be eating a lot of rice in the coming days.....

"Chapathi or Rice?" :-:)-( Which is the healthy food for the present lifestyle?

As a south indian my food consisted mainly of rice. Chapathi or for that matter anything made out of wheat/maida was prepared mostly during the weekends when my working mom had more time. So it was usually, chapathi+onion, tomato subzi on saturday nights and poori, kuruma on sunday mornings.

Other than these days we had chapathi's when we went to restaurants only. But these days more people have started having chapathi daily instead of rice. They say roti's have less calories and are best suited for the present day life style.

I am also fond of chapathi's but not to extent of replacing it completely with rice. :drowning

I have debated this with a lof of friends, read up articles but still I am not sure which is better..... Any comments/suggestions from you guys?:):)

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite