Chanting OM mantra and gayatri mantra restricted for women

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by sudha05, Feb 9, 2014.

1. sudha05

sudha05 Junior IL'ite

Hello,

I have seen many ladies here in north reciting "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" along with temple priest .I would like to suggest all ladies not to chant like that as it is restricted by Shastas'. By chanting om like this it affects uterus as the body gets stretched while chanting same.

Coming to gayatri mantra, it is also not for women as it creates immense kinetic energy. The sound vibration causes some changes in the mind and body. Some of the Vedic chanting are very powerful and causes hormonal changes. Since women are having weak body constitution and are having a effect on the uterus while they chant frequently they are restricted to recite this mantra. The Mantras with strong vibration is having direct effect in the glands and hormones, which causes anomalies, and abnormalities in the body of the even fittest women....And for men also it should be chanted just like a mantra and one should not sing it like a song...

God Bless!!

1 person likes this.

2. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Hai sudha,
    Even I have heard this my dh used to tell me that these mantras are not always meant for ladies.

1 person likes this.
  3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Nice information in detail is shared by you. Thank you Sudha sister.

1 person likes this.
  4. lordsiva

lordsiva New IL'ite

The Gayatri Mantra is a genuine mantra from the four Vedas. It is a prayer mantra where the devotee is asking for the enlightenment of his mind and right guidance from God….

5. sudha05

sudha05 Junior IL'ite

Vedic mantras Are not meant for women notdonesmiley..A person can get enlightenment even by chanting Hare Rama/Hare Krishna maha mantra.
    You cant chant Gayatri just like film songs or Bhajans...one should get updesha from a learned Bramin and then only they can chant.(ONLY MEN)
    PEOPLE ACTUALLY DONT KNOW ITS MAHIMA AND STRENGTH OF OM AND GAYATRI MANTRA. THAT'S WHY THEY TAKE IT FOR GRANTED AND SING AND CHANT IT WITH OUT KNOWING ITS PURPOSE.BY DOING THIS THEY WONT GET NOTHING IN RETURN EXCEPT SIN.