Changing of name at the time of marriage??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kainaath, Apr 27, 2010.

1. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

thanks everyone for ur views....
    beeamma...i too find it difficult to find friends on social networking sites since they that changed their surnames post marriage, and in some cases names too...

2. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

@spiderman,

yes, I am a feminist, and I am crazy, but I dont think I am a crazy feminist! :)

its great to know that you like my blogs, thanks :thumbsup. keep reading them, and do post your comments as well, so I ll know how to streamline my writing.

3. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    In Maharshtrain customs also they change the name of the girl after marriage.. My name was changed from JAYA to URMILA. But i hate the name and i stick to Jaya...
    Now everyone calls me JAYA..........Only my DH teases me Urmi / URMILA..........
    In my DH family, only "this generation is not changing the names" but before it was compulsory...My MIL's original beautiful name AMBIKA was changed to SUNITA.......

Still the name changing is going on in many Maharashtrian villages...

According to me the name is my ownnnnnnnnnnn and that is why i refused to change my name.

Regards
    Mrs.N

4. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hi...as being the OP to this post..i do not want one on one conversation..feel free to put your views regarding the topic of the thread as u hve already done earlier ( cudnt PM u as u dont have that service)

5. renvem

renvem Senior IL'ite

i never want to change my name...my in-laws forced me on one occasion and i felt so angry ...i dunno how can people claim themselves to be educated fi they believe in such useless customs

i have managed to retain it for now...but during my passport renewal..i met a gal who had faced huge problem for getting the passport of her newborn as her name didn't have the husband's surname....she was highly educated muslim women and was really upset at this...and was forced to first change her name on the passport and then get the baby's..

anybody faced any prob here due to not changing the name ?

6. crazybuoy

crazybuoy New IL'ite

After marriage change of name is too funny.
    any one tell what the reason of changing name.
    :hide:

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

There should not be any issues with Passport as far as i know.

8. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

for one...it can be to bring good LUCK into the marital life and to the Husband career prosperity...like he is not capable of it himself and needs numerology or astrologic help...

i dont think so too..as long as the parents are legally married and hve their marriage registered/certificate.