Changing jobs till you are satisfied?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Rakshana, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Rakshana

Rakshana New IL'ite

I have a friend who always advised me to take a job that's good as far as money is concerned and the working conditions and, if I do find something better, to change to that something better. Would you consider this to be a good idea? Is this as sign of instability from my side? What's your experience in this?

2. Rashmita

Rashmita New IL'ite

I don't know, I think it's too risky sometimes... What if you do change your work place, and discover that it was better in the last one, and now it's too late to go back? However, you can't work forever in a stressful environment, at one point you will have to get a better job if you don't see any improvements... Of course, this depends on your expectations, your priorities: more money, flexible schedule, great colleagues, competition, a car and extra free services? You can't have them all, that's for sure!

3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I don't that it is a good idea to keep changing till you are satisfied. One person's definition of "satisfaction" will change over time - therefore, you may chasing the pot at the end of the rainbow. No job will give you 100% satisfaction - we weigh pros and cons and adjust. The other thing is the constant change in jobs, in my opinion does not look very good on a resume - it shows instability. Of course, there may be circumstances when this is warranted - but for the most part, if a person is just changing for no valid reason, I don't believe is a very professional attitude. When we come across resumes where we see a potential candidate changing jobs constantly, that does not project a positive opinion of that person. This is just my personal and professional opinion.