1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Changes to my diet

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by nivedhita, Jan 21, 2009.

1. aneesbasha

aneesbasha Senior IL'ite

Hi Aruna,
    Welcome to IL. Im also having the same kind of problem as yours. After drinking the water, I need to go to wash room within 10 mins. I don't know the reason and solution. If anyone knows the reason, please let me know.

2. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Hi Aruna

Yes I have had this problem. Thats why in office it is very difficult to drink water. What u can do, once you come home drink a lot of water.. it isok if you need to go to bathroom as u are anyway at home...

But when I tried applying the same thing to myself it is difficult :) When I first come i need a cup of coffee and after that I do not feel like drinking water only.. lets see I am slowly cutting down on milk and coffee as others have suggested

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Hello anees

I think it is because we are drinking water u need to go the wash room now and then. I don think there can be solution. The only solution I try to follow is drink enoughwater when at homme

4. Sakshi

Sakshi Senior IL'ite

Ladies,

I made it a point to drink atleast 64 oz(about 2 lt) of water every day at work a few months ago. Believe me, I felt like I was spending all my time in the rest room but now I've noticed that I do not frequent the rest room that much. I think your body will get used to this increased consumption of water gradually. Also, remember, everytime you "go", you are flushing out toxins from your system. That is not a bad thing at all!!!. This helps in weight loss as well. I think now if i dont drink that much water, I've started to feel dehydrated.

Just a thought.
    Sakshi...:)

5. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

Hi nivedhita,

Best time to detoxify the body with water is morning, immediately after brushing can take 4-5 glasses of water and doing simple exercises,walking at the weekends will also help.

goodluck!
    sadhana.:)

6. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Sorry abt the delayed reply. But thanks for your advice Sadhu.. I think I heard abt this before - water therapy.. BUt never tried, guess I shd try it. thanks

7. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Dear Nivedita..

You can have a lime squeezed in a glass of warm water, to which a tea-spoon of honey is added. This helps to reduce. I have done it during my college days and found to be quite successful. But pl. note that this should be done 1st thing in the morning.

Walking/ Exercise is all extra thing which has to be continued.

Happy Reducing.....

Luv

Shashu

8. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Dear shashu..

I was trying this except that I dont do it on an empty stomach. But I guess I will try it on an empty stomac.
    thanks

9. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hey nivedita...

Dw just eating healthy and managing 30 minutes of good excercise weight willl slowly come off...all teh best.

10. Rekhs06

Rekhs06 New IL'ite

Hi.... Can completely understand how u feel.... hv been there... :) 1st of all u need to cut down on ur cofee.... especially if u r hving vending machine coffee at work... as its loads of sugar and completely unhealthy....
    Dont stick to a routine of just oats daily.... mk it as diverse as u can.... include loads of fresh fruits and vegetables... eat it as fresh and unprocessed as possible.... and all varities..... always change ur food menu..... ur body shud nvr get used to a particular menu....
    When u say u work... I assume u r sitting long hours.... move around every now-n-then... more u sit ... more ur tummy comes out.... I generally avoid elevators and tk stairs... and small changes but walk....
    Lastly, avoid milk right b4 u go to bed... have it atleast 1 hour b4 u hit the sack....
    Also, avoid any outside food...

Good luck... Rekhs!!