1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Changes in Girl's life after marriage...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rpangel, Feb 28, 2011.

1. rpangel

rpangel New IL'ite

Hi All,

Last week was my cousin brother's wedding. It was the first boy wedding in ur family after my wedding. As you all know we can enjoy more in a boy's wedding,this one also was not an exception. but i felt they were many differences in the way I enjoyed now to the one wedding brother's wedding before my marriage.
    In this wedding I always had to see that my DH & his family are well taken care of. always accompany DH & see to it that he is fine with everything. My family was taking care of him but even I had to be extra cautious coz my DH notices everything a lot. due to all this i was stuck with him most of the time, taking care of my DD & see to it my MIL had food etc.
    After the wedding got over, I felt that I didn't enjoy it as I used to do before. We all cousins used to just be bothered about what we are wearing, dancing, eating, pulling each other's legs, see who all guests have come & enjoy every bit of all the celebrations.
    But this time I was not able to do most of the things. Then I thought when a Girl gets responsibilities on her she has to take care of many things.previously just tell your parents I want to wear this & buy us this. Dress your best & enjoy the happenings without thinking about anything.
    I had to plan my dresses, my DD dresses & my DH dresses. by the time i used to dress my DD only I used to damn tired. very less interest in getting ready. In the party see to it that my DH is comfortable. Take care of DD & see that she is safe with who ever she is.
    I was seeing my other girl unmarried cousins & the way they were enjoying. just recollected all my days & missed it so much.

just wanted to share my feelings with you all...

Cheers!!!

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Hi rpangel,

I can understand your disappointment.. But that's the situation everywhere... Before marriage whenever I feel like seeing my parents I just book tickets and travel. But after marriage, I have to ask permission to my DH, then my in laws who are in different city altogether, have to give reasonable explanation (just felt like seeing my parents doesn't work)...

Nice post explaining the difference a woman finds after marriage..

ILT

3. rosary

rosary Gold IL'ite

very true ....
    life just takes a 180 degree turn ....
    its not because of the responsibility that we are not able to enjoy life better ... but if the husband and in-laws are a non understanding kind and always complaining .