1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Changed in-laws or just eyewash ??

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by abc00, Mar 24, 2010.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Im back here to update a bit abt whats going on of late. This is an update to earlier thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/relationship-with-in-laws/85946-how-deal-inlaws-after-decade.html

My inlaws landed here and are all goody-goody to especially kids.They both are behaving ok but MIL sometimes shows her dislike on face. They are extra goody to my kids. Im letting my kids enjoy the paternal grandparents company and not interfering, but at the back of my mind I have this question in my mind - whether its genuine affection of just eyewash.
    Since my BIL doesnt have kids (back home) they are showering this on us. Im scared to visit India this time as I feel they might again show their true colors.:hide:

Abt cooking, I gave her full authority for 2 weeks to cook whatever they like. Now that my kids are protesting eating her dishes, I had to step in and take over. She didnt offer to cook any of the kids' favorite dishes but always is worried abt cooking specials for DH. :rantI told her not to do this:thumbsup.I said we have to give priority to kids first. She was upset initially but seemed to have understood later.

She was earlier caring only for my younger daughter and ignoring my elder kid (son). I decided to teach her abt sharing in a sweet way. One day while we went for walking my daughter wanted to pick small stones for playing. I gave 3 sets of them and said she has to share with bhaiyya. As soon as we came home, my daughter ran to give it to bhaiyya. I said in a loud voice that Im proud of my kids who have learnt abt sharing:thumbsup and since then they are now equally giving time to both my kids. I cant let them divide and rule, you see!:rant

I have to thank all the ladies who responded in my earlier thread here again as it gave me immense strength this time when I confronted them. Im no longer a victim of their bully bcos of my own confident attitude which I owe to many ladies here.Earlier in a panicky situation I would feel loss of words and start stammering. But now I can argue like a lawyer:rotfltill people get my point across in whatever way they understand.

Im happy to be a part of this community.
    Ladies, you rock!

2. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Good to hear that abc.... I remember your thread and I am happy for you!
    All the best and I wish your ILs have a happy and smooth stay with u....
    tc

3. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

Looks like everything is going great abc...
    You can maintain the same stand when you go to India....I am sure things will be fine even when you are the one who is visiting !

4. ras09

ras09 New IL'ite

Congrats abc,
    Hope everything will be great like this..
    But beware of them.. they might pose problems in future.
    Enjoy and take care

5. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

woohooo...you made it!!! :cheers.
    Great job dear ...I am sure you will be fine in India as well.

Please make sure DH knows most stuff or announce things loudly in living room like you did so no one can later poison him...

Great going!!

FL