1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Change

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Apr 23, 2023.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Change

There are two views about change-
    1. The only thing permanent is change.
    Change is inevitable and that makes it permanent. Not only humans, but almost every species has also evolved over time. Some of them have even gone extinct. Some human tribes are no more. Gone with them are their spoken languages also. Some animals, birds are not more. Even some trees and plants are no more. Gone with them are their seeds also. Evolution is termed as change. At the same time, humans are more knowledgeable now. Languages are richer now. Pet animals, in particular, are more adaptable now. Even eggs are much bigger in size now. Grains, cereals, and vegetables are more in production per acre now. And there is no knowing where the change will stop.
    2. The more things change, the more they look the same.
    Things do change outwardly but remain the same inwardly. From the days of Pluto’s Republic, our rulers have changed from Autocratic to Democratic but the method of ruling has remained the same- my way or the high way.

Education has taken strides and we have more educational degrees now but the basic character has remained the same-I, Me and Mine.

Huge modern buildings have replaced the muddy huts but we still can not change our neighbors. We still sweep our dirt at the door of our neighbor.

We still feel hungry and thirsty. We still feel hot and cold. We still feel the need for love and to be loved. We still feel proud of what we achieve. We have everything we had - love-hate, pride- envy, trust-distrust, you name them. Outwardly we might look as changed but inwardly, we are the same. The list is endless.

We know nothing is sure but we also know everything is predictable. I may not be there tomorrow but the sun will still rise and set. If the sky is cloudy, it may rain. If I am not on my guard, I will be cheated and robbed. The list is endless.

Either way, we have no choice.

satchitananda likes this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear @HariLakhera Sir,

You have narrated in your own inemitable style the philosophy of Jagat Mithya and Brahma Sathya. Everything we see with our five senses are subject to change and what is not felt by our senses is real. Five elements we encounter can change but its quality remains constant. The human being's character can change but their consciousness remains the same. The animals can change their habitat but their basic characteristics will remain the same.

A human being can change his life by leaving his Samsara life by becoming Sanyasi and even change his environment from busy city life to Himalaya moutain range but if he has not renounced his desires, he could still be the same without any changes. Only the external changed but not internal Anthakarana. Only way growth can happen is through change even in normal life and it has to be inside.

satchitananda and HariLakhera like this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Shri Viswa,
    I agree. I may add a rejoinder to my snippet.

The one thing that does not change is 'human desire'. Volumes have been written about 'desire' both for and against. I wrote one snippet about why desires are needed because without
    desires there would be no 'progress'. At the same time, our desires are the root cause of our all unhappiness. Maharshi Mahesh Yogi said to fulfill one desire and work hard to fulfill another and so on. In Economics, we were told not all desires can be fulfilled at one time but all desires can be fulfilled by turn. Like, if I have money to satisfy my hunger or watch a movie, I will have to fix my priority and then work hard to fulfill the other.
    I saw a piece of news where robots are replacing news anchors in China.
    Octopuses eat their own body parts when no other food is available.
    Maybe, one day one pill will be sufficient to satisfy our hunger.
    Looks like a lot is in store.
    But as you said, desires will keep haunting us if we cannot change our Antahkaran.