1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Change!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @heron ,

Thank you for stopping by my snippet with your warm feedback! Indeed, the silhouttes of deer are so perfect and I soemhow feel, even through that we can see/sense the uncertainity in their eyes! I do love my quiet time in nature just sitting and watching the visiting birds and animals - noticing the change all around me. It is good for the soul.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful! A snippet that only you could write! :)

In past years, reading your posts has shamed me for my incessant war against the deer and bunny population that passes through our yard. Last year, I decided to deal with them the @Srama way — ie with appreciation for Nature. We planted a buffet for them and let them have at it. Since then, we've enjoyed watching a doe and her fawns feeding. We've excitedly watched a family of teeny weeny bunnies grow up to adulthood. And we've even seen a hawk or two!

The change started with an attitude of frustration with the beasts but quickly switched to an appreciation of our local wildlife. An appreciation for all but the dang birds who try to nest in every conceivable crevice they can find. Grrrr!

The pandemic finally forced us to make "time to stand and stare." It is our silver lining.

Srama-ing (yep, you're a verb around here) is indeed good for the soul.

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Amica

First things first - why don't you stop by more to give such lovely responses! You had me in all smiles! verb eh!! i am delighted, who wouldn't be tell me - while my DH claims he is a thinker, I do seriously believe I am a doer! Secondly, sorry about my delayed response. We decided to take a small vacation and all that hiking induced me into deep sleep for good two days and I can sleep for another full day looks like!

I am so happy to read that you actually have begun to enjoy the deer in your yard! You know you will get there with the birds too! You know that! I think i had written a snippet about watching baby birds hatch sometime back - tried searching and lost patience :) it might be easier to watch another nest than find that snippet seems like! You know come spring, my heart would break looking at the broken eggs on side walks and grass till I taught myself to accept that nature knows what it is doing!

Thank you for sharing that lovely poem - the hectic pace of life seems to be a problem of life itself! You know it was quite revealing standing and staring at that canyon, which canot have any other superlatives to express its grandness - grand canyon and being awe inspire with that Hoover dam.....the grandness of nature and man...if only we stop to admire. Anyways, I am getting carried away, so let me stop here.

Thanks to you Amica, i ended up reading my own snippet one more time! Next time, you should share some of your pictures. I would love that so much!

Amica likes this.
  4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

My dear friend Sabitha,

How do I start now? My response will seem like a copy paste of the earlier ones to your snippets :). After really long I logged in to IL and there you are. Trust you to transport me to a different world, nature in myriad forms and the deep cosmic connection one can experience if only we pause to see and feel.

Simply loved it…,keep writing. So pleased I logged in today. Thanks

Laks09 and Srama like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Scorpio707 ,

This is such a pleasant and refreshing change to see you here my friend! Welcome back. You don't have to say anything, I am super glad you came and read the snippet. Thank you for sharing the journey with me and it is always so good to hear that there is someone else who gets it. Nature can never stop enthralling us and I cannot help but only see the connections. Appreciate your feedback.

6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Awesome! I'm looking forward to the pics ... j/k. Speaking of pics ... I loved the double rainbow! I haven't seen one of those in ages.

I've always enjoyed our deer — it's their ticks that I abhor. And no Srama-ing the birds! Dang dinosaurs with their beady eyes and pointy beaks! :nono:

Grand canyon and Hoover dam! Sounds like an amazing holiday. We went some years ago and I have no words to describe the beauty. Descriptions and pictures just don't prepare you for the majesty and awesomeness of the view.

Srama likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Amica, you had me in splits there!
    The beady eyes get to me :) Here is the snippet I was referring to Wonder and Joy!

You are right on here -
    The grandness of that canyon (naturally formed) and the grandeur of that man made dam ! Dang!! Standing in that heat and contemplating had me giddy, literally and otherwise and no thoughths came into my mind other than just taking it all in!​

Amica likes this.