Change in expected due date..Happened with anyone?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ramyasrini8, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ramyasrini8

ramyasrini8 Silver IL'ite

Hi all

My LMP was sep 12.According to that,I should be 9 weeks pregnant and EDD is june 19.But when I had an ultrasound today,she said i was conceived only 2 weeks later and my EDD is july 4.Haven't check with gynaec yet.Does anyone have the same issue?

2. Joslink

Joslink New IL'ite

Take it easy....

3. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

yes.. for me it happened both times. When it is not harmful, they will wait for few days. Nothing to worry.. Take a long breath and relax..

4. Gossipgurls

Gossipgurls Silver IL'ite

Yes sometimes women ovulate late and so edd changes , ultra sound is the best way to go, so dnt worry.

1 person likes this.
  5. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Dont worry.... As long as everything is fine just relax and enjoy the moment. Pray to God as well.

6. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

What is the length of your cycle? The due date is calculated assuming your cycle is 28 days. If you have a 35 day cycle your due date can be 1 week later. Since its an early ultrasound even a 1 or 2 mm difference in measurement can make them calculate due date incorrect. This what my gyn said when due date changed to 1 week later by ultrasound dr. she said she Wil assume the old date as my cycles are regular. And my pain started exactly on my old due date

1 person likes this.
  7. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Happens, I guess. We are still not sure about what exactly is my EDD. Its rather a funny story. My Ps were irregular, so when it was almost 15 days late, I went to doc and took blood pregnancy test. It came negative. Went 1 week later and it came positive. Funny, because we didn't try in that 1 week at all. So I must have been pregnant last time only. Doc did immediate ultrasound and said I was 6 weeks pregnant. So why did it came negative the first time is a mystery.

I still go by the date decided by calculating LMP. But doc says I must have conceived 2weeks after that. Hardly matters, cutie pie will come when he/she is ready :)

8. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Yes happened to me too. Nothing to think too much about. Ultrasound is what you should go by. And ultrasound also may differ from scan to scan. They will finalize a due date around 12 weeks, that is the one they will go with.
    If in the ultrasound after that, it shows different date, they don't change it.

9. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

For blood test to show postive, the hcg(produced by the baby after implantation) has to be above a certain level. This happens little later than 2 weeks after implantation.
    That's why it was negative for you when you went first time and came out positive one week later. I think your doctor's calculation is correct.

That's why even if we are pregnant by mid-cycle, we can only confirm it by after the end of cycle.

10. ramyasrini8

ramyasrini8 Silver IL'ite

Thanks everyone for your kind reply.i checked with gynaec and she asked abt my periods and said EDD has changed bcoz of that.Everything is fine with me now.

1 person likes this.