1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Challenges Of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 16, 2023.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

L
    We Have To Be Strong Enough To Accept The Challenges Of Life
    If the pressures of life is crushing you down think of the flowers that are crushed. They produce the best perfume.Today onwards lets allow the presssures in life bring the best in us.

Remember, Smooth roads never make good drivers! Smooth sea never makes good sailors!
    Clear Skies never make good pilots!
    Problem free life never makes a strong & good person!
    Be strong enough to accept the challenges of life. Don’t ask Life “Why me?” Instead say “Try Me!”
    I was feeling very tired and depressed due to heakth problems. Then I came across the above quotes which have given me the inspiration to face life as it comes.
    Life after 70 is not so easy especially when healthproblems are thereDon’t let the shadow of your past……Eclipse…..The brightness of your future….

As long as we are healthy everything seems easy. In my younger days my elder brother used to say kadu va va engiradhu , veedu po po engiradhu. Now only I understand. This August I will comlete 80 years and hope God gives me good health and makes me strong to face life in the future.
    Get MOTIVATED for a Successful LIFE with these 7 Beautiful thoughts of life!!!
    DREAM the impossible, SEEK the Unknown , ACHIEVE Greatness
    NEVER allow waiting to become a HABIT. LIVE your dreams take risks. LIFE is happening NOW
    ENJOY the little things in LIFE… for one day you might look back and realise they were the BIG things..
    Sometimes GOD doesn’t CHANGE your situation… Because he is trying to change your HEART…
    Difficult roads lead to BEAUTIFUL destinations…
    NEVER let the odds keep you from DOING what you know in your HEART you were meant to DO.
    If PLAN A does not work… remember the alphabet has 25 more letters.. NEVER GIVE UP…

Yumna, vanna, satchitananda and 5 others like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This write up of self-motivation stems out of certain apprehensions as you approach to turn into an octogenerian by coming August. You are energetic to be here writing words of +ve motivation for every one irrespective of their age. The quotes befits all in various years shapes and sizes.
    I enjoyed all th those quotes but I wish I was told as about these during my teens in which case I might have achieved yet better laurels and shining accolades. During me teens there was no WhatsApp. My motivation was negative in my teens. Vasu- my science degree class-mate said, I would be one for sure-failure and another commented I can't understand science concepts. Sankara narayanan - another class mate opined that I will carry on with arrears and would never be a graduate. All this in 1961-64.
    In pre-university during admission, the principal responded to my worrying mother, "don't worry madam. We are here converting donkeys into horses".
    A maths professor a distant relative looking at my SSLC Marks said to my dad, "science stream would be a strict NO NO for your son. I can get him admitted to BA or you put him in some industrial training institute.
    But dad is always self-driven and motivated me not to do just well but pass with flying colours. I was one among the 4 out of 33 degree class students in science with first class.

This quote in tamil proclaims it is time home say bye bye and the burial ground tell welcome -well come to the ailing old person with its arms wide open."
    This quote is heard always amidst oldies in their sunset years and from children who wish for various reasons their parents die soon. My younger brother in law was mentioning bluntly to his dad in hospital at 87 that he has been living on bonus years.

True. Wish I heard these in my teens.
    You are again right. There are numerous ways to overcome a problem or shed inhibitions provided one thinks differently. Out of box solutions always exist.
    Thanks and regards.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Good to know you are turning 80 soon. All the best.
    As long as there are no chronic health issues, one can say 'Try me' but then there comes a time to say 'Take me'. I have been witness to only one death and that too a slow death, full of physical pain but hats off to the departed soul, who kept smiling all the time. It looked as if he had planned his final departure. He was confined to bed for almost a month, under Hospice care but never failed to smile when someone called.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

So good to see you here again. Hope you are doing better now. I too feel low often these days when my body decides to really 'try' me and my patience. But we have to keep moving forward. There is no other way out. It is a question of adapting to a new way of life, slowing down, which I know is so difficult. Am sure you are in the same boat. Just today I was telling my colleague, I keep taking on more and more work - FOMO, I'd say. But I need to keep mentally active otherwise I am a burden to myself and all around me. It is the classic civil war between a 16 year old mind and a 61 year old body - quite literally.

Amazing to think you will be turning 80 soon. Wish you a long, healthy and productive life. You still have plenty to give the world.

swarnamary and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Fear Of Missung Out -FOMO happens irrespective of one is 16 or 60 ie mental age vs biological. At sunset years one is supposed to worship Lord Siva with immense faith who can Bless the person to live healthy as he did with his devotee Markandeya Or believe in enda Bhagavathi saranam.

satchitananda likes this.
  6. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Aameen!

It is nice to see you as optimistic as you always have been.

wish you all the best!

Thyagarajan likes this.