1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chak De India - The Rise of the Phoenix!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by twinsmom, Aug 18, 2007.

1. devotee

devotee Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Twinsmom,
    wonderful review!!!

I was fortunate enough to watch this movie last week... And all i can say is the movie is awesome... I recommend this movie to all the ILites... Please watch this... Rarely such movies are made... Sharukh's acting is juct perfect without his usual over acting... The hockey girls are brilliant...
    -Devotee

2. dkbabu

dkbabu New IL'ite

hey This film is inspired by an Indian goal keeper Mir Ranjan Negi . In 1982 India lost the game with Pakistan by 7-1. and negi was blamed saying that he had given away 3 goals to Pakistan and he wes removed from Hockey team. He came back after 16 yrs as a coach for India Hockey team in 1998 India won goldmedal in ASian Games, But due to Politics he was expiled as a coach and became a Coach for Women Hockey Team, Once again He won By winning Gold Medal in Commom wealth games in 2002.
    Mr Neg gave Coaching for This actresses in Chek de India for 6 Mnths.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

HI ALL,

Got to watch this movie, last month...was thinking of writing my comments....but somehow slipped...

shahrukh sells....you need shahrukh to tell the indians that hockey is a game....:spin

the dirty politics is really bad...the story of the coach is based on negi..and the plot taken out from a two line news....all that is story now....

The girls/boys of jharkhand play hockey only for one reason...securing 3 full square meals for their family..(courtesy news channles going chak de....post chakde...):idontgetit:

My question to all...there are lot of countries which play hockey..why are we obsessed with australia????

4. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Hi twinsmom,

your review of the movie chakde brought to mind an english movie "Miracle" starring Kirk Russel. Miracle (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is based on true events. Sorry to realise the movie which fired you up so much is a plagiarised version with a few changes (field hockey instead of ice hockey, girls team instead of mens olympic team) other than that everything matches ....the disgraced coach.....building up team spirit....evoking nationalistic frenzy in the audience.

May be you might watch this movie and come up with another post?? (like how bollywood remakes are much better than the originals from other countries)

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi blondie,

I have seen the miracle also and i have seen the same theme in chak de...but the name of the movie eluded me(thanks for giving me the name)...yes the vigorous exercise routine...and i am indian..both the scenes have been exact copies..... but looks like we indians like more emotions, and drama.....

But that is the charm of bollywood...we take a few movies...we make them feel good or make it so worse....

murder-unfaithful wife..., what lies beneath-raaz....the list goes on...............The green card--(naladamayanthi is tamil, ramji londonwaley in hindi...)..so the source of inspiration .....