1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cetaphil cream for 4yr old?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by AnithaPartha, Jan 22, 2014.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

2. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anitha, I use cetaphil for my 3 yr old DD. I used to use Aveeno too. Her skin is getting very dry and I had to apply moisturizer 3/4 times if I am using only Aveeno. (Which is not possible since I work o/s the house)

cetaphil is good. Aquaphor is more greasy.If cetaphil doesn't work then they use Aquaphor.

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anitha, My DD's paed had advised Cetaphil moisturizer when her skin got very dry despite of applying coconut oil daily. She was only 12month then.

4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

5. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

I used Aveeno Baby for my son for a year or so, until I found out that this was also owned by Johnson and Johnson! I have been reading a lot on avoiding cosmetics with chemicals for myself and, more importantly, for my baby. Our skin is the largest organ of our body and chemicals find an easy way of entering our system through creams, soaps, cleaning products, etc.

I would suggest you check the safety levels of a product on Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group before buying it.

I try to use Earth Mama and other organic products for my son. They are natural and safe compared to other products. I use a lot of coconut oil as well. My son has eczema flare-ups...so I do use Aveeno eczema cream once a day and not more than that.

Hope that helps you.