1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrity!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ranganayaki, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

This topic is in connection with my home and its about my fav celebrity, I am talking about my dh. He totally fits the definition of a celebrity.

To begin with, I am a big fan of his:bowdown. And then everything that follows, just adds on..

He's the ever-busy guy when it comes to work and so I look forward to spending the precious 2-3 hours after work with him, watching TV/talking and ofcourse dinner. For me, its a regular desk job and work doesn't really hold me back often.

Lately, he's been travelling a lot, so here's meagerly awaiting his return and ofcourse each time heartbroken as he leaves to the airport. When he gets back from each trip, I can't wait to load him with all the stories of the time when he was on travel, while he just wants to sleep from jet lag. At that moment, I am not too different from the fan who is in that super long line to get the autograph from an admired celebrity.:shock:

On the weekend, we talk to family and every single time, I can hear the change in the voice of my family when they simply hear a "Hi" from him. Its like their spirit pepped up just from his Hello. Ummm, no, I don't have that same effect on people!! Now, even if he's speaking/meeting someone after a long time, he can easily manage conversation and specially to questions that go like, "Long time, whats going on?" or "Where the heck have you been?". He does it in a chilled, humorous way. Where as I go all apologetic and :bonkrant about my busy schedule.

His cooking is always special, no, he doesn't make anything simple. Well, even if his dish name sounds simple, it comes to the table looking too good! He doesn't mind spending a couple of hours in the kitchen, and I can't complain, cos the result has till date been Yummy! Unlike, how I just cook the popular dishes and love quick exits from the kitchen!

Shopping - I can confuse myself for hours and sometimes not even buy anything, but if he's with me and his is Good mood, usually his choice is better. Now, if he's not interested in a particular store, he would be with his hands in his pockets and he would be looking at everything except the stuff they are selling. Now, I can never be that disinterested, I at the least look for deals no matter what the store!

One other thing I can think about is , he can convince me from changing plans/ideas. That's also cos I am a bit flaky myself...

Well, right now, I am being the "short-term" celebrity, cos he's not sure what to get me for my birthday and he's been asking me and I've not given him an answer yet!

You see why this post even came up? I have no complaints, I totally love him, but this is his celebrity side! :)

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

heyyyy i got to say this...you really sound like a totally smitten lover :) wish you both the very best dear!!! loved to read your blog....

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

So nice to hear stories like these. So much of love!!!!!

how long have you been married? I wish you and your DH to have same kind of love in your life.

Good Night.

4. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

Sooooooo glad to read abt such a grt life.may god bless both of u to have tha same kind of love nd understanding thru out the life.
    regards
    ridha

5. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

SriVidya, Coffee lover & Ridha,

Thanks girls! We're married for close to 3 years now! Thanks for your wondreful wishes! :)

6. APassionateOne

APassionateOne New IL'ite

Hey Ranganayaki..Congratulations on your love. May God keep things this way for ever. You write well. Not to put a damp on your smiles, but I want to share my story, if it is not too much.

I was like you too (I am still that way now..but slightly different). For 3 years into our marriage, I was totally in bliss..going ga ga over my hubby and my parents/relatives giving him utmost attention. I used to even share my feeling that "I am so blessed that god gave me him" with his side of the family.

Then came our kid and every thing changed. His over caring towards our kid (a result of his family and upbringing. He tried to follow certain things and also avoid and correct certain things that happened when he grew up)..turned out to criticisms towards me (my caring or carelessness or overlooking certain things due to my family back ground, my inexperience etc). Later our jobs and investments also needed me to be a lot competent and his expectation of me grew and grew. I am working towards them now (I already had a masters and was working in US when I met him and have been working from last 10 years), he still wants to see me UP there (He never said anything about earning more money but he talks about position).

If I don't agree that only those things are important and when I say, I need more love ..more alone time with him..etc, he says he has goals, he says that he need to pull this family to meet our standards of living, he needs to earn money/ grow into higher positions..so he cannot concentrate on any thing else. (Yes, with all the stuff ..kid/house/properties/our own software company etc, we are in a lot of debt and in a small house which we don't like anymore etc and we want more).

BUT ..Gone are my days when we couldn't get enough of each other, talked and talked...held hands all the way, never sat even a foot apart in sofas and loved each others company immensely. He was and is still my CELEBRITY. I love the way he looks, talks, cooks, manages things...but now I want him to look into my eyes..hold my face with his two hands. Hug me ..all by himself without me always going to him.
    Oh...this feels miserable!! I cannot seem to make my celebrity to notice me now.

But he is working his butt off for our family. SO I just need to shut up and concentrate on my development (like he expects me to and like I want to) and ..wait ....wait for the good old days of my love life to come back.

BUT HEY..PUT MY THINGS ASIDE ..I HAVE AN ADVICE FOR YOU (A FRIENDLY ONE FROM SOME ONE WHO IS WISHING THE BEST FOR YOU)...PLEASE ..PLEASE ..PLEASE..
    "Go nuts for your celebrity, but keep your personality and Dignity always in check. Make him fall in love with you and make him count on you. Keep your health, looks, cooking, education, work, finances, relationships etc always in check and strive for excellence. Then..my dear..Love and respect ..like now...stays for ever between you too. Again God bless you.

7. APassionateOne

APassionateOne New IL'ite

OH..BTW..HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

8. NishkalaS

NishkalaS Junior IL'ite

Hey Ranganayaki,
    ur style of writning is nice and funny..just the way i like it ...its like listening to a dear cousin who's newly married and totally smitten [just like u ] by her DH :)..but subtle punches here and there..its like a sweet and sour soup :biglaugh
    My marriage too was like that in the beginning but with age, time and responsibilities we have been driven apart but not too wide a gap but a G A P still and fights, Omigod, so many :-(

But we do share a laugh, i still look up to him for advice..certain things will always be there..unchanged!

Just a word for APassionateone, pls no ego when u seek love dear..i know and understand that love which is not expressed is not love at all..but such are the times now...one small example for u...i once asked my DH if he wud ever remember me when he finishes the lunchbox with his fav meal..he said 'i dont get the time dear to savour the food dear '...Thats the reality...Cheer up !:thumbsup

9. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hey,

Nice post. God bless!