1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrity madness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by loveshack, Apr 17, 2008.

1. loveshack

loveshack New IL'ite

What has the world come to?!
    News stories have tabloid 'snippets' at the end of the bulletin,and anything and everything celebrities do becomes 'news'.
    Nevertheless,we are so sensitive aren't we?We watch a story about Angelina Jolie's "adopted baby" being born from rape,Britney Spears's umpteenth trip to the hospital,and hundreds of lovely cameras being focused on Heath Ledger's dead body being carried out from his apartment.
    Well now who cares if Jolie's baby is brought into the spotlight,its only fault being adopted by an actress,and who cares about his future when he grows up to find the whole world knows about his birth? And Britney Spears---Oh My Goodness How I could forget her?! If details of her daily life are not included in the national news,it would only hamper the brains of children watching it isn't it! And lucky Heath Ledger! He attracted a lot of "attention" in his death as well----never mind if a dead body deserves some respect---the magazine circulation is more important.
    Tabloids? Cheers!

2. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Welocme to IL bloggers loveshack.
    People secretly love watching all this. The sad part is sometimes these matters come on main news in CNN and the likes. Plain GOSSIP, with absolutely no use. Oh yes, you can always talk about it with your friends.
    In the limited time when we sit before the tv, I would prefer to see " News that matters".

As for privacy it's amajor issue for these celebreties. But trust me, some of them like it, but for publicity they remain nothing else, but just actor ;-)...Building public image helps them in lot of ways, of course for good reasons, sometimes bad too.

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi loveshack
    this is so true all these madness goes on around us and no one does anything about it these are just to come in news and see who is more popular in the news.............hahaha

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi Loveshack
    People need to get a life of their own!

5. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

hi,
    one can atleast understand tabloids cooking up such sensation,but even serious newspapers and news channel resort to these....
    when i used to live in mumbai for a short while, i was surprised by the amount of such trivialities that tabloids there came up with...
    one leading tabloid even had a column that asked celebrities what was in their lunch box that day...
    another column featured celebrity ladies telling about what make-up they wore the previous evening...
    highly ridiculous,but they are here because they have readership....

6. loveshack

loveshack New IL'ite

Thank you everyone for your comments :)