1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Celebration

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 2, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Everyone likes to celebrate any occasion. Some like to celebrate in a grand way but some believe just to receive blessings from elders and celebrate in a simple way.

When young its nice to celebrate the occasions in a grand way having party and inviting friends and relatives. Young people always like to celebrate the New Year in a grandway by going to a Resort or some other place on 31st December night itself and have candle light dinner. Some of the older generation have not seen such celebrations. My husband's niece works as vice President in a bank, so she had once taken her parents for New Year on 31st December itself and they had candle light dinner. My sister in law is a smiple person and does not like to spend money. She always tells that her children spend so much money on outfits and shoes and later nice clothes and shoes they give away to the servant . My sister in law came to Bombay only after marriage and she is very economic. She used to wear the saree brought this year only next year. She has two daughters . After her daughters started earning then due to them she started wearing nice sarees and now wears good sarees and dresses well.

This New Year my son and dil went to a Resort and celebrated the New Year and evening came to see us. Myself and my husband went for Discourse on Ramayanam , yesterday was the last day and it was nice to celebrate the New year hearing Ramayanam. We had lunch also there. Me, my husband two daughters and grandkids went to a Restuarant nearby in the evening and celebrated the New Year with them. So this New Year will be a memorable one because we could celebrate with the grandkids.

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear viji aunty..
    wishing you a very very happy and a special new yr.. good to know you celebrated with your daughters and little angels...

ofcourse celebration depends upon individuals... also sometimes it depends upon the mood and situation also... since climate is not favourable here we had a good time at home making special receipes and enjoyed at home..

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    You are very correct. Nowadays "celebrations " have become a common factor. Apart from celebrating birthday, new year day, there are so many days to celebrate.
    The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Celebrate the little things in life, appreciate tomorrow, love your neighbor or don’t, but never condemn yourself to a life without cause to celebrate and be thankful for what you have. Never forget the people you love and love them when you have an occasion to do so. Celebrate their life and celebrate yours. So happy to know that you celebrated this year with your grand kids like me.
    with love
    pad
    [/FONT]

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Happy New Year Viji.
    Nice to know about your New Year celebrations, this time with your grandkids.
    Usually, I light the lamp around 12 o'clock midnight and pray for the well-being of all..and distribute kalkands to those who are awake..this is how I do.:)

sriniketan

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Viji
    Happy new year and many more to follow.
    This year i stayed up and prayed with my friends till 12.00 midnight and then slept off.
    Jaya

6. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji mami........another interesting topic to ponder !!
    My DH and me were also thinking on similar lines when it came to New Year and people were calling us to check what our plans are ??
    Earlier my DH and another friend used to organise all parties/get-togethers and of course NEW YEAR events and I used to organise the gifts/games etc...but since last year, we decided to retire from all this......to take it easy and either stay put at home relaxing in front of the tv with some eager friends who also want to do just this. So that's what happened this year.
    We met at one of our close friend's place...just 5 families and got the food from out, organised some games and little bit of dancing and music by the kids. Lo, it was fun and more relaxed.
    I am glad that we could celebrate it very nicely this year !!

7. iyerviji

Dear Vahee

Wish you also a Happy New Year.

You are right sometimes celebration depend on moods and situation.
    Glad to know you enjoyed the New Year making special recipes and enjoyed at home. Its nice to celebrate with the family at home

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

Dear Padmini

Glad to know that you also enjoyed this New Year with your grandkid.
    Different people have different kind of celebrations. Its nice to celebrate with our friends and relatives. Agree with whatever you have written.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

Dear Bhargavi

You have a nice way of celebrating the New Year. God must be showring his blessings on you for starting the New Year lighting the lamp.

love
    viji

10. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear viji mami,

Glad to know that you also enjoyed this New Year with your GDS.
    This new year we celebrate with my DD .we went to court for registration process & we had a lunch in good hotel