Celebration of pongal in colleges and offices

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by swathi14, Jan 13, 2016.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

HI friends,

Pongal wishes to all!

To spread the fragrance of the festival, I am starting this thread.

We all know that the Corporate companies are joining hands with Indian culture and encouraging their staff to participate in all the cultural festivals.

Similary, these days college students are also celebrating such cultural festivals in their colleges with friends.

Now please share your experience on how the festival is celebrated in your office, or in your kids colleges. Please share your experiences like wearing a new saree (may be for the first time), cooking pongal as a group, enjoying traditional festival potluck, enjoying bullock cart ride etc. They should be superb feelings, please share it here so that all of us will be re-entering our college days..

expecting your participation friends.

HAPPY PONGAL TO ALL.
    ANDAL

college celeb.jpeg paan.jpeg pong.jpeg

3 people like this.

2. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Nice thread Swathi. Our way of celebrating pongal at our office is coming in ethinic wear. we all have planned to come in saree and guys in dhothies. This time we have arranged potluck in our account. I will be preparing sweet pongal and traditional gravy.
    Will share the pics of our celebration :thumbsup
    would love to know from others as well

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rith,

Thanks for participating. I am also waiting to share ur sweet pongal and gravy. plz share the photos too.

andal

4. pari11

pari11 Junior IL'ite

Great post, like you celebrating Pongal festival same way we celebrate Sankranti here. I think Sankranti & Pongal is two name of same festival.