Celebrating Sri Rama Navami + Vasdantha Navarathri-Thx to NC Sri Venkateswara Temple

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by bharatheeyan, Mar 26, 2012.

1. bharatheeyan

bharatheeyan New IL'ite

Rich tributes were/are annually paid during the time of Celebrations of Sri Rama Navami in Temples....to one of the greatest composer Saint Thyagaraja whose soul stiring compositions of Lord Rama proved to be very apt for the wondrous occasion. His sahityas have deep meanings and they subtly hints the essence of Vedas, Puranas, Yoga secrets. To enjoy the meanings, good grounding in sanskrit and telugu languages besides interest in ancient literature are certainly added advantages. :cheers
    {
    In this song, Tyagaraja praises his Lord Sri Ramachandra. He eulogizes Sri Ramachandra as one who is the cause of all bliss in the universe. This is the only pancharatna krithi that was composed in Sanskrit. All the other kritis have been composed in Telugu, which was used in the Court of the Maratha king Sarabhoji in Thanjavur (in Tamil Nadu) who ruled this area in the 18th century.}

The first pancharatna is Jagadanadakaraka, in the raga 'Nattai'. It starts with praising Lord Rama who makes the entire world happy. Jagadanandakaraka is a diamond in the garland for the Lord consisting of His 108 choicest names.

[About Nattai....
    A janya raga of Chalanata, Nattai is considered a very auspicious raga and signifies the beginning of any concert. It is a mangala raga, and most compositions in this raga are on Lord Vinayaka, the remover of all obstacles. It is a Ghana raga, and the first of Thyagaraja’s Pancharatnas is in this raga. It is also a Vivadi raga, i.e. some notes are placed at very close intervals, and hence an intoxicating effect is created in Chalanata and Nattai ragas. The Hindustani raga Jog closely resembles Nattai. ]

The next is Duduku gala in the raga gowlai set to adi talam. In this song Tyagaraja takes the blame upon himself for all the misdeeds of men and ruminates as to who would come and save him from this deplorable situation. He firmly believes that "Purushothaman" is only SRI RAMA. Very appealing Raga...leading to Bhakti attitude. :)

The third is Sadhinchene in the raga Arabhi set to adi talam. In this song Tyagaraja lovingly cricises Lord Krishna for his cleverness in getting what he wants to be done. Sadhichene is a breathtaking lullaby. It is a Ninda Sthuthi.

The fourth song is in the raga varali set to adi talam. In this song Tyagaraja describes the infinite beauty of Lord Rama.

The fifth pancharatna is Endaro Mahanubhavulu an unparallelled rhythmic beauty in Carnatic music...in the rata "Sri Ragam'. A tribute paid to all great devotees of Lord Sri Rama. :thumbsup

Once Thyagaraja Swami on his pligrimage reached the Tirupati to have the darshan of Lord Venkateswara, the drawn curtain at the sanctum sanctorum moved him to composer the song Terateeyaga raga (Gowlibanthu) in which he moans "Oh Tirupati Venkataraman! Could you not remove the screen, the screen of anger, arrogance and jealousy, which, taking a firm stand within me, keeps me out of the reach of Dharma and other Purusharthas including Moksha? It effectively hides from vision, the immaculate light of the lamp, Jnana. By the existence of this screen, my mind gets caught by evil, just as ignorant beasts are got into the Hunter’s net. I have been following you faithfully, I pray promptly; remove the screen". Promptly the screen dropped down by the blessings of the Lord and Thyagaraja Swami had a good darshan of the Lord.
    ==========================================================
    Comments welcome.

"bharatheeyan"
    <small><big>=============================================================

</big></small>