Celebrating Good to Read Forum - IL 10th Anniversary Celebration - Day 2/10

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by IL_Admin, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You may be wondering why I continue to present to you members who have stopped writing. They may have stopped writing but they have all left an indelible imprint on my heart. From beyond the mists of the distant past, these members continue to inspire me whenever I read what they have written.

I present to you today a very respectable lady from Bangalore who became member of IL in 2008. Being a very pious person, she created a divine ambience with her writings. She never forayed into controversial subjects. For some strange reason, she has stopped writing in 2010 but the fragrance of her past contributions linger on. She is Padmasrinivas.

I am sure you will love her Snippets. Links to a few samples are given here:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ion/105782-a-thunder-clap-lightning-bolt.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/91260-many-a-flower-is-born.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/81405-the-foot-in-mouth-syndrome.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...on/70081-in-the-beginning-word-crossword.html
    Sri

6 people like this.
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

What a wonderful thread, thank you @Induslady!

Whenever I read such heartfelt posts by my fellow members of IL, I realize why it is that I still hang in here and never want to let go of IL.

Indusladies has become a part of me now! Whenever I am not available to others at home, they know where to find me! In front of the screen and in IL!

I hate questions like which is my best song, movie, book etc etc! I have so many favorites that I cannot list them all and choose just one. Same now. It is difficult to give just one or two links to my favorite posts. Sorry @Malathy!!

As for members, I am afraid to name for I may forget one or the other favorite member!:eek:mg:Hence I admire all of you who have done so! You are too good and have a very good memory....which I lack!

But here are a few of my very favorite members I got to know ONLY because of Indusladies and hence am very thankful to Malathy and Jey. Also, both of them make it to my list! A great, young, sweet and intelligent couple!

@Chitvish is the reason for my being here. A lady I like to imbibe!
    @Cheeniya sir is someone I look up to and feel proud when he counts me as his buddy!
    @Srama is my girl! She takes care of me so to say! (tearing up!!).
    @Satchitananda is my favorite.
    @Varalotti Sridhar is an amazing human being,writer and a friend.
    @Paulina is a precious person.
    @Kamalji is a dear and with @Viswamitra, have no fear!
    @Ojaantrik spreads magic.
    @Mindian is someone whose posts I love to read.
    @Lakshminarayanan sir and @Mithila Kannan will be cherished, I even have their book!
    Then there is my Egyptian queen @Arunarc who is always cheerful. @Aria has become a hearty friend and @Iyerviji is the resident IL relative to all of us!

I know I have left out oh so many many others. But they all know I have great regard for them!

All these are members who besides being good human beings, are also great writers. It is thanks to my Finest Posts sub- forum that I was fortunate to get to know them and several other eminent writers.

I do not want to make this too long a post. It already is long!! I just want to reiterate that we can find real gems among people online......with a bit of luck, care and Almighty's Grace!

Happy Tenth Anniversary dear Indusladies! May you grow and prosper!:gift:queen

L, Kamla

8 people like this.
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

5 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Happy 10th Anniversay to Indus ladies, specially to Jey and Malathy without them this site would not have existed. Three cheers to them

Kamla dear thank you so much for mentioning my name. Felt very happy . I am proud to be a member of this loving family

Of late my net is giving problem and I am not able to post here

Kamla dear I was going to take the links from Finest Post of the winners from the time this site started but you have already given. But still I will also like to give.

My dear Anna and Kamla are the backbone of the finest leaders of Finest Forum. Selecting the winners is a tough job as there are so manay great writers here but they do it so well and their announcements are superb. I always take the pleasure to be the first to nominate and glad that my nominated posts are winners an feel so happy as if I have won

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you RGS,hrastro, Srama, and Viswa, Jayakka and Scorpio for mentioning my names. YOu all being great writers I feel honured

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I will come back with more when my net is ok, now since I am in the cafe could add only these

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I have been thinking of which writers and snippets to mention here since the last two days. It is now about 4.5 years since I joined IL. In this time I have read so much here, in this forum and such good writers, I am hard pressed to say whom I like the most. Each one has a totally different way or writing, different themes, each is distinguished in his or her own way. I shall try to list as many of my favourite names that come to mind but given the hole in my skull, please humour me if I forget to mention any. I am not going to mention any ONE snippet, because it will be gross injustice to all the other writings of the writer in question.

Let us start out with an avid rambler. The word "ramblings" indicates that he tries to underplay his writing skills. I stand in complete awe of Cheeniya sir's writings, whether they be his own "ramblings" or his amazing replies to snippets and his posts in the FP section. His self-deprecatory sense of humour, the touches of nostalgia for the past, his knowledge of a wide repertoire of subjects including films, music, plays, books - Indian as well as Western leave me agape. His avatar the owl, is a tribute to his immense wisdom acquired over a lifetime.

@ojaantrik or OJ-da: I tried to pick out a couple of his snippets to mention here and was totally at a loss. Each one is a literary marvel in itself. Whether it be rib-tickling, serious, poignant, informative, classical or simple memoirs of his younger days and times ..... it is just impossible to name just one.

@Srama: In her I see a soul-sister who loves Nature. Her snippets are testimony to her gentle nature and philosophical bent of mind. Her snippets describing the marathons and adventure sports reveal another side of this quiet person. Her travelogues are a delight to read and a treat to those of us who can never realistically think of visiting all those remote places.

@Mindian: Though she has not written in a long while (and I do hope she comes back soon with something for us to read) is another writer whose simple, lucid and interesting snippets I just love to read. She has a way of presenting the simplest joys of life and involving everybody by getting them to add to her threads. She has a very inclusive way of writing.

@Viswamitra: Here is one with a philosophical bent of mind and I can never cease to be amazed how steeped he is in that line of thought. He provides a lot of fodder for thought. I often find myself stumped when it comes to replying to his threads because although I totally agree with and understand what he says, I am not eloquent enough to add any more value through my comments - neither in content nor in lucidity.

@jayasala42: Here is an elderly lady who is a treasure house of information on our classics as well as our scriptures. I enjoy reading stuff I have never heard about before. One more person who leaves me awe-stricken. I was not fortunate enough to hear stories told by my grandmoms. When I read JS Ma'am's write-ups, I sometimes get the feeling of how it would have been listening to them if I had had that opportunity. A storehouse of spiritual knowledge as well as practical wisdom.

@meenasankaran: Her writings never fail to evoke uncontrolled mirth. Her observations and the way she presents them have me glued to her snippets. Glad to see her back here after a very long hiatus.

@Kamalji: How can I not include a favourite here who never fails to amuse people with his light hearted takes on life, babas, politicians, his favourite whipping boy VIJAY MALLYA, the trademark jokes at the end of his snippets and his friendly banter? One thing about Kamalji is there are people who love him and there are a few who love to hate him :hide:, what with some of his snippets which touch a raw nerve at times. However, the one thing which is for sure is no one can ignore him. :-D

@Balajee: I totally love the irreverence in his write ups, no matter what the topic, be it politics or babas. :-D One more person no one can ignore.

@iyerviji with her simple, direct posts touches the hearts of many and is vijima to a lot of us here. It was in this forum I first read her snippet and then got to know her very closely in the Coffee Morning thread, where I found many good, long lasting friendships.

@mansimahi: I love reading her humor filled posts and missed her a lot over the last two years. I am so glad she is back now and look forward to reading a lot more from her.

@knbg: with her sweet, simple posts filled with humour, affection as well as travelogues is also being missed.

@Pushpavalli Srinivasan's simple snippets full of practical wisdom are also a pleasure to read.

Amongst the new lot whose snippets I enjoy are @rgsrinivasan who has an amazing ability to put about everything in poetic form, @GoogleGlass with his humorous as well as philosophical takes on life, @Akanksha1982 whose can couch really serious stuff in humour and @hrastro whose posts are so inspiring.

@lakshminarayan is always a delight to read. My one regret in life is that I never got to meet his wife Mythila Kannan whose writings I used to adore.

@kkrish: I miss her writings which used to be very interesting with information or musings.

@aria is another person whose writings I love. I have to admit here that I have to read her write ups about two to three times to ensure I have understood what she is saying. As a lot of other people have mentioned, one often needs a dictionary to decipher the meanings of a lot of words and I shall add Google to find out what she is talking about - her repertoire is amazingly huge.

@ManjuReddy 's is also a writer par excellence and her humour as well as her language are a delight to read.

I enjoyed reading @anandchitra when she used to write here.

It would be ungrateful of me if I do not mention all those people who do not write regularly, but always stand by encouraging all of us on this forum with their interesting feedbacks and encouragement. Vijima, Periamma, Kelly, Shanvy, .... oh, that list is endless.

@ Kamla deserves special mention with all her wonderful replies to our snippets. The moment I see her name in the right hand column, next to my snippet, I just rush to read what she has to say. :-D

12 people like this.
  9. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

My dear dear Kam/Suj,
    Thanks a ton for remembering me and mentioning my name so affectionately......what else can I say dear buddy mine? If I am precious then I would like to declare that YOU are PRICELESS and doubly precious to all IL.com buddies!
    Shall always cherish all our interactions here and sometimes via Alexander Graham Bell's invention too !!...LOL

3 people like this.
  10. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

A very happy 10th anniversary to Indusladies! While I have been using the revolving door of the IL forum a lot these past years :-D, I have always enjoyed the time that I spent here. This is a fantastic forum where everyone can make a few friends and indulge in their hobbies - be it writing, quilting or embroidery with plenty of encouragement from members around them.

My hearty thanks to all those who have mentioned my name in this thread. I have enjoyed many posts in this forum myself and will soon be back with the links of at least a few of them.

4 people like this.