Celebrate Festival of Nine Nights with IndusLadies - October 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leelagk

leelagk Gold IL'ite

Re: some more photos

i love the krishnas unjal nd the last snap too...thanks for sharing...

2. leelagk

leelagk Gold IL'ite

even at the age of 74 she is very clever to arrange this golu in such a good way...convey my spl congrats to her...definitely she shud be appreciated ....dhanalakshmi is sooooo pretty...how she made the gold coin flowing ?nd im wondering abt self stitched doll dresses too...is the lotus also made by her?is the golden theru readymade?if,from where did she buy that?thanks for sharing...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  3. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:hatsoff to your athai at the age of 74 she has arranged a very beautiful kolu and the Dhanalakshmi on the lotus is a master piece with coins flowing into the urali, very innovative idea.
    The marapachi dressed in different styles too is just very pretty.
    If she were in chennai she would have got the first prize in the kolu competition.
    Shanta

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Re: some more photos

Kanaks, lovely golu...the park is superb !!

5. ASmeenakshi

ASmeenakshi New IL'ite

leelagk ::
    thanks for agreeing with me :) i myself have to ask attai how she made the flowing coins ...may be she beaded them .shall call her and let u know .will ask her about theru also .lotus , yes she made herself from chart paper i guess

sritas/ shanta :::
    i loved the dhanalxmi idea too .last time she did sarawati in lotus with veenai .i did not know that ...sd u be in chennai to participate in the contest???

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Meenakshi

:bowdownMy namaskarams to your athai and hats off to her for giving us a feast to the eyes of the wonderful golu. May ambal bless her with goodhealth, peace and prosperity in life so that we are able to see the golu every year here and enjoy and take the blessings of ambal

Why dont you put her crafts work in Indus everyone will enjoy. Thanks to you and God bless you for giving us the opportunity to see the Golu

love
    viji

7. ASmeenakshi

ASmeenakshi New IL'ite

iyerviji ::
    hi .thanks for the response . my attai's name is meenakshi .i created this account for her and she does know to operate the computer much but she has learnt to reply to email in tamil thru english alphabets .i am maanasi and i am a new member too and i joined indus ladies just when i heard about the contest from my friend who moved from here to chennai recently .
    sure , i will ask my attai's daughter in law to send pics and will add it here ...my attai does a lot of creative stitching too . i was amazed just to hear about all her work.
    and i am planning to read out all the comments for her - to her thru the phone , i am sure it will make her feel super happy .

8. maanasi

maanasi Senior IL'ite

hi all ....
    just a humble request ...
    i really think all of us here sd take the time and key in a sentence or more to my attai - ASMEENAKSHI ......i am doing all this to honor the woman i see in her ....not considering her age or that i am part of her family....i created an account for her and submitted her pics just hoping she will appreciated by many now and forever !her ideas and energy , will and dedication and determination - just thinking of that - i get inspiration .
    we both stay in different countries and have never seen each other's golu in person .so this is not a contest double entry at all !
    again , i am doing this to show her humility and creativity to the world .

9. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,

Thank you for your overwhelming responses. :)

Entries are being short listed by our panel of Judges. Stay tuned for the result !!

10. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Thanks to all those who actively participated in this contest. A special thanks to Lalitha Shivaguru, Mithila Kannan, Vasumathy who helped us to select the winning entry.

And the lucky winner is…….

Winner of Celebrate Festival of Nine Nights with IndusLadies Contest is..

srivigneshram

For her winning entry here.

Congratulations Srivigneshram...!

Your golu is beautiful with neatly arranged dolls. You have rightly portrayed the five lands and very well captured the celebration of '1000 year’s completion' of Tanjore temple. Buildings, roads craft work show your creative skills.

IL Special Gift for Winning the contest is Deer Woodwork.

deer_woodwork.jpg

Note: Please send your postal address (in India) by mail to support@indusladies.com to receive the special gift.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.