Cbse - i...

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by achu, Feb 4, 2012.

1. anishakuruvilla

anishakuruvilla Senior IL'ite

Hi Bhuvnidhi
    Well when the CBSEi officials led by Dr. Sadhana Parashar visited us she did say that there are plans to open CBSEi in India in the nesxt couple of years. Not everywhere but on a pilot basis in a few schools. Probably in the North. You best reconfirm with DMIS co-ordinator, ill reconfirm with mine as well.

Cheers

2. anishakuruvilla

anishakuruvilla Senior IL'ite

3. charvihema

charvihema Gold IL'ite

Re: which is good cbsc or cbsc i ?

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]About 50 schools in India may soon offer the international curriculum of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on a trial basis, Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal said yesterday.
    The minister said the board’s international curriculum, CBSE-I, will be for students opting for boards like the International Baccalaureate.
    The international curriculum, available to students from Class 1 to 12, would be taught totally through e-books. The CBSE-I students would also have an edge over the normal CBSE course students as they would have more foreign languages and different
    syllabuses for other subjects.
    This will be an option for students who want to go out of India for higher studies after Class 12,” Sibal told reporters.
    CBSE chairman Vineet Joshi added that the course has already started in about 25 schools in the Gulf and south Asian countries, and expression of interest has been invited from schools in India to start the course from the next academic session
    “The pilot programme in India will include some Kendriya Vidyalayas and other government and private schools,” Joshi said.
    “Expression of interest has been invited from schools, it will be discussed and then the schools will be finalised,” he said.
    The government plans to launch the pilot programme in nearly 50 schools across India.
    [/FONT]
    actually who want their kids to study in abroad is usefull this is veryyyyyyyy trueee words .even in school they are telling like this.
    who wants to settel in india and join them in engeneering and doctor in india they can follow CBSE

4. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhuvana,

There are a few schools in India ( I've heard about in Chennai ) that teaches international syllabus. My friend has put her daughter up in one of such schools in Chengelpet. I guess this international syllabus is nothing but CBSE-i. Will check with my friend and let you know.

I've a 2 year old and planning to send her to play school in November. Any good schools near Al sadd area?

Best Regards,
    Sharmila

5. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

Thanxs bhuvnidhi....For the info ! Sorry for the late response , there was some problem with the internet ... Since few days.

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

In India CBSE - i to 50 schools is going to be sanctioned only in the forthcoming Academic Year, So friend's kid must be studying in IGCSE curriculum, try to recollect the name of the school, Thanks

7. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

Thanxs anisha for the brief description ... How do you deal with english grammar for grade 1 children.? And how about second/third language options ?

My kid is in Dmis - grade 1 - cbse , they just have weekly tests for all subjects , n no summative exams at the end of each term ( am happy that children have no exam tensions till gr -5 in DMIS. ) but as we all kno, once the test is over - the particular chapter is completely erased off - but this system doesn't help when it comes to the basics of Maths n English grammar .Do they follow the same system in cbse -I ?

Bhuvana , do they follow the same pattern in cbse I too ?

Anisha, which school are you working with...? I liked the system followed in your school , children would be in touch with their subjects , but wil it be an over - burden for them , like the regular cbse s' ... I mean they ( regular cbse ) might have lots to read , write , projects etc ! No time to play or relax ...

8. sobharam

sobharam New IL'ite

Sorry i posted before completing my typing ..go through the below posted reply.

1 person likes this.
  9. sobharam

sobharam New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Just now i saw the thread.I would like to share my experience here.My opinion is CBSE -I is very good and it will definitely make a change in your childs education especially in future.My daughter was studied in Dubai bfore moving to qatar .There they teached in An advanced manner by using E learning-projectors,work sheets,suprise tests,using computers etc..even though she as there in CBSE.

Here she is studying in the traditional manner.Like studying the text book,writing questions in the text book,copying the same in to Note book.Yaa your hand writing will become good. :) its improved in my case.they are un able to think out side the book.

what diffrence i found ...Still she can remember what she studied in 1 st std.She developed a good reading habbit there in 1 st Std.studied to make a small note about what she read etc.that means she was able to think "OUT OF BOX".There they stidied everything in a practical manner.But in CBSE they are leaning what is there in Text book.Busy with copying things from Text to Note,by hearting the spellings..etc not even getting time to read or to do some activities in the other books etc.always studying ...but what they are gaining??

So from personal experience i learned the mehod of teaching by practical ,from out side the books..is good one for nowadays children..so i managed to get admission in CBSE I and going to put her from third Std.

But i met lot of parents who hesitates to change.The reason they are telling is "NO EXAMS IN CBSE -I".But as far as i know in BPs there are exams in CBSE I.I am searching about CBSE -i from last Dec.Discussing with Parents whose children are in CBSE -i,going through their work sheets .then only i decided to change her to CBSE -I.Share your experience also...

Regards
    Sobha

10. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

Thanxs Shoba for sharing your experience with cbse -i...